Solent Area 2019 Programme

Dear All,

Please see, attached, as in previous years, our rather full programme for 2019, following our planning meeting at The Milburys a few weeks back and we both thank you for all you input into this programme as it is all about what you want to do and not what we want to do.

For info, by adding the programme as a PDF attachment makes it easier for you to print it off, if desired, and pin up on a notice board or in a study.

There are no gaps in the programme and this is what we will run with, however, it is a “live document”, so it is subject to change, as details emerge and as such is the latest information that you will find available. So this is the best place to look to see what is going on          

If anyone wishes to replace an event with something else and lead it, then please do not hesitate to contact us on:So1@mx5oc.co.uk and we will help you make it happen.

Events will be cross-posted to the Events Calendar on the New MX5OC website, which will provide more details on each event wrt times/costs etc. If you have not viewed events on the new website yet, now is the time to get familiar with it, as this is the way things are being driven by the club going forward. To this end, to assist you I have included a link below direct to the right place on the new website.

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/diary/action~agenda/page_offset~2/request_format~json/

Once there, the Future Events Page, you can toggle through the Calendar and SOLENT area events are highlighted in capitals and if you click on the topic it will open up all the relevant details you need.

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

Brilliant news, At our Christmas Meal Phil Upshall said he had an idea for an event to fill in the blank for 4th August, in our calendar, for which we are very grateful 

The programme has been duly updated to reflect this but further details will become available nearer the time.

Regards

Mal

Solent Area Programme brought up to date, as of 19-02-19

Programme updated to include Chrystianne & Anya’s Ladies drive, on 12th April 2019.

Solent Area Programme brought bang up to date, as of 23rd July 2019.

If anyone notices any glaring errors or omissions, please let me know and I will correct accordingly

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

S’funny, but I’ve never seen any of the Solent past, present and future events displayed in the diary using that link above.  I see loads listed from the other areas, but not Solent.  Still, no matter, as I d/load the Excel spreadsheet and refer to that instead.  Just wanted to let you know, but it’s most likely ‘finger trouble’ on my part ??.

P.S. Trust you had a great holiday over in Guernsey?

Regards,

Graham

I agree Graham, I can only see events at other areas.   I just sign on to the Solent MX5 Owners Forum, and find all our events on there? 

The donkey trip on 11th Aug is definitely not there!

Judy 

I agree in principle with Graham and Judy,  if members look on the MX5 Owners Club New  Forum Front page there is mention of Solent events on the Calendar, However if you, and still on the New Forum Front page use the Area Drop Down regions menu and choose Solent, you can see our events new and old,  even then the Donkeys are not shown on either, could there be a link problem Mal?

LINK

Main MX5 Owners Club New Forum Front Page

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/

Just to add to my previous post above it seems that you get different views depending on which kind of device you are using, On my Sumsung Pad I can not see solent events following  the link, however on my XP Windows Laptop I can see new and old solent events… 

Hi John

I confess I am somewhat confused when you say “MX5 Owners Club new Facebook front page”?!?!?  Do you really mean ‘Facebook’ or are you referring to the Home page on this website?

I certainly can’t see ‘Solent’ events on here using Chrome browser as of now, with the exception of the ‘Broughton Updated’ entry on 7th July and an entry for the ‘Cranleigh Classic Car Show’ on 11th August which I think was placed by Paul Milbourn from ‘South Central’.

I must admit having spent quite some time clicking on the various links that route you to the different areas’ diaries, it seems that some areas are working fine with lots of events showing, whilst others are sadly lacking, not just ‘Solent’.

I think there is definite room for improvement on the whole diary sub-system on here, so will stick to d/loading the very useful Excel spreadsheet that Mal and Terry keep updated in this thread for the latest happenings ??.

Hi Graham, and other Members who have read my previous 2 posts, I am truly sorry about adding to the confusion by stating FB instead of Forum

Amended Post…

I agree in principle with Graham and Judy,  if members look on the MX5 Owners Club New  Forum Front page there is mention of Solent events on the Calendar, However if you, and still on the New Forum Front page use the Area Drop Down regions menu and choose Solent, you can see our events new and old,  even then the Donkeys are not shown on either, could there be a link problem Mal?

LINK

Main MX5 Owners Club New Forum Front Page

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/

Thanks John…I’d guessed that’s what you meant, but just wanted to check .

Graham

Hi Everyone,

Having read the last couple of posts on this thread, ref accessing the programme and events calendar on the new MX5OC website, Terry and I agree, in that it’s not straightforward, as there are two elements to this, as follows;

a) There is the XCEL Programme I put together a few years ago, which people tend to like, as they can print it off and put it on their noticeboard/fridge, or download to their smart phone, so its always with them all the time, in order to check upcoming events.

b) The club has expended a lot of time and effort in putting together the new events calendar and are encouraging AC’s to use this to post events, hence why we have done this and then post a link direct to the event in the calendar on the forum and FB page. usually in three month batches. This events calendar does have several advantages, in that it enables AC’s to easily open up invites to other areas, at the click of a button. Also, the calendar prompts one to add maps, locations and other useful information to help members get to events.

Terry and I discussed this some time back and I posted on the forum, that we would migrate to the new events calendar and the old EXCEL programme would be phased out. So far we have not done this, as members like the list type format of the Solent Programme and it’s an issue for AC’s to keep both going - more work etc…as we have other duties, such as the Solent Area Newsletter, organising drives for members, organising pre-payments, for some venues and managing the Solent Area Facebook Page. 

So, to get to the point of this post, in order to reduce the load on AC’s, we are delighted to announce that our very own Graham Butler, has agreed to manage the Solent Area Programme for us. This will free myself & Terry up to manage the Events Calendar on the MX5OC website and populate it for members and answer any queries members may have regarding access. It’s worth noting that it is a bit tricky with the events calendar, as only AC’s have access to this via a dedicated AC login area, hence our decision to take the action, as detailed in this post.

We hope you find this this action will help you and please bear with us whilst we get things in place, over the next few weeks but if there are any questions, feel free to respond to this post. 

Best Regards

Mal, Terry & Graham

Dear All

My first attempt at updating and uploading the latest version of the ‘Solent Area 2019 Programme’ in both EXCEL and PDF format .

It concerns the entry for Wednesday 18th September.

Any problems (hopefully none ??) please let me know.

Best Regards,

Graham, (Mal & Terry)

UPDATE - 4th November 2019

Details for ‘Planning Meeting’ (20/11) now published.

Edited on 04/11/19: Files updated to version 04/11/19

I’m not the best on here but it seems to me it’s getting harder to understand this I’ll just go with the flow gerry

Looks good to me Graham! Good luck with keeping it all up together!

Hi Folks,

Just been onto latest update of the Solent Programme today and all looks tip top

Well done to Graham, who has gallantly taken not his role and its coming along very nicely Indeed.

For those of you that seem to be having difficulties viewing this and the events calendar, I am very happy to show you how to do it at any of our drives, if time allows. 

Failing this, I will see if I can do a presentation on it, perhaps at one of our Milbury’s meetings, but need to find a laptop projector, now I don’t have access to a work one, being a retired gentleman

Gerry - just seen your post on this. Message me your computer operating system and/or tablet info and I will see if I can help you to find the right info on your device.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi All,

Mal’s tip of the day is; when printing off the programme, as I have just done, be sure to click “print double sided” as the table now spills over into two pages - just!

If you are unable to print double sided, dont worry, just print the main page and all that is missing is the December Christmas meal, which will be widely publicised anyway, so no worries there.

Best Regards

Mal

Thanks Mal,

Had a few family (parental) issues but hopefully can get back to engaging with the Solent area again.

Robert, Alison and Meredith.