SOLENT AREA - A visit to Podium Place, Newbury on Sunday 6th February 2022

Hi Everyone,

As mentioned at The Milburys on Wednesday night, before our skittles game, we are all set for a visit to Podium Place in Newbury on the 6th Febraury 2022, for a gathering in thier amazing facility, filled with Supercars for us to look at and also partake in Coffee and Snacks in the form of Bacon Baps, Sausage Rolls, Panini’s and Croissants etc :yum:

Additionally, Niki has booked out the Simulator specifically for us from 11am to 1pm, so people can buy a slot to have a drive around a circuit in a supercar. See details on this at the Podium Place website: Podium Place

Naturally, it costs to have a go on the simulator and for our 2 hour slot the cost will be £110, so we need to get people to sign up for a go on the simulator and therefore reduce the cost per head. To this end please reply to this post to; a) Let us know you are coming & b) Let us know you would like a go on the simulator. Note that: a Solo Slot on the Simulator costs £35 for one person!

If we dont acheive sufficient numbers for the simulator before the event, we will cancel the 2 hour simulator booking, to free it up for other members of the public who will be there also.

We will have a drive through the Hamsphire & Berkshire Countryside beforehand to Podium Place, Newbury and this is being finalised now and we will provide start point and drive details in due course but we have posted this event early in order to get an idea of interest, for those who wish to have go on the simulator.

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

Hi Mal. Sounds like a great run. Could you book me in for the drive and a session on the stimulator😱 (or should that be simulator😎).
Thanks. Colin.

I can book you a session on the “Stimulator” but its at your own risk :joy: :joy: :joy:

Regards

Mal

Now that sounds like excellent fun!! Definitely count me in for that one :smiley:

How many people do we need for the simulator, is there a maximum number?

Max

1 Like

Hi Max, great. I will add you to the list. Not sure of max numbers, hence why I have asked for responses to gauge numbers. I can then liaise with Niki to work out what is best :wink: Mal

1 Like

Wow…we have three people signed up for this event already, so going well so far!

Hi please add me for a go in the simulator, sounds fun .
J :grin:

1 Like

Hi Mal put me down for the drive not sure about the simulator as you know I often drive the real thing lol (Aston Martin ) but if needed I don’t mind making numbers up Gerry

Hi Gerry, cheers for that. Put you down for the drive only👍 Regards Mal

Hi Mal
Put me down for the run.
Never tried a simulator, but would love to have a go.

David

Hi Mal, Val and I will go for the ride only. Thanks
Bob

Hi Val & Bob,

That is great. I will add you too the list and you can have a coffee and watch others have a go on the simulator and wander around the supercars at your leisure.

Regards

Mal

I’ll be bringing a friend along too :slight_smile:

Hi Mal,

Put us down for this run, please, but will give the simulator (stimulator!) a miss.
(Angela doesn’t need the simulator training, she’s been round Thruxton race track at 150mph in a high powered beemer, mind you, Tiff Needell was driving!:grinning:)

Looking forward to visiting a new venue.

Cheers,

Ron & Angela

3 Likes

Hi Ron,

Will do, that is no problem, as it is realised some members may not wish to do the simulator. However, they can wander and look at the Supercars, drink coffee and have a bacon roll etc😉

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal, I hope to attend. Not sure about the simulator, I can’t even cope with Mario Kart, but have driven real cars on a circuit no problem!

Hi William,

Good to hear from you and no problems.I will add you to the spreadsheet at attending only.

There is no issue with not wishing to do the simulator, its just a nice extra but by no means a “three line whip” to partake in the simulator.

Feel free to come along and have a coffee and bacon roll and wander around looking at their range of supercars :smiley:

Best Regards

Mal

Dad by any chance :thinking:

Hi Everyone, We now have 12 members signed up for this event, which is great.

Not everyone is doing the simulator, which is absolutley fine, as they can have a coffee and snack and wander around the sueprcars :smiley:

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,

As it was a nice day up this neck-of-the-woods, Sheila and I took a little run out to ‘Podium Place’ to sneak a look…and a coffee and a bite to eat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

A great setup and well worth a visit, so we would love to pay a second visit on the 6th and meet up with some of our Solent friends. We’ll make our way straight there, as it’s a simple run along the A4 for us.

We won’t bother with the simulator, but would be more than happy to pick up one of their motors to bring home with us :wink: :grin:.

Cheers,
Graham and Sheila

1 Like