SOLENT AREA - AC information on posting drives and Events

Hi Everyone,

We are now up and running on the new website and it is realised it will take a bit of time for members to acquaint themselves with the new format and on how to post etc but we thought it worthwhile at this stage, whilst people are settling into the new website and forum to set a few ground rules;

a) We are currently investigating how to post the Solent Area 2020 Programme that Graham produces. Once we have found this information out Graham will post the latest programme on the website.

b) It is fair to say, that once we are all more conversant with operating on the new website and forum, we may move away from the current downloadable programme, as it duplicates effort when we are endeavouring to use the Events Calendar and will be encouraging members to use it also, as all the information necessary for drives and events, is detailed there.

c) Having mentioned a) & b) above, we wish to clarify things with reference to use of the Solent FaceBook Page, as follows;

• The FaceBook page is not an official forum but rather “a nice to have” and is a handy tool for members to share information and pictures of things they are doing with their 5’s.

• Therefore, Solent Area Drives, will no longer be posted on FaceBook (FB), as it is realised that not everyone uses FB and members can obtain all the information they need by logging onto the website and selecting the Area Discussion and Solent Pages, which are obtainable form the drop down menu’s at the top of the main discussion page given at: [https://forum.mx5oc.co.uk/c/area-discussion/solent/100](http://Solent Area Discussion Page)

However, having said that, as we have done previously, as time allows we may post a hyperlink to the Forum Page, where members can access all the information they need for drives and events.

Hopefully, this helps clarify things and we will post updates as we go forward, as we are all learning at this stage on how to effectively use the new website but initial indications are that it is a great improvement, which I am sure you will agree.

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

Hi Mal & Terry

With regard to point b) above, I believe the main benefit of having a downloadable programme is that it presents a simple to follow advance notice of events that Solent area has planned for the coming year, and members are able to plan around…e.g. allowing for holidays etc, if you follow my drift.

Just adding my ‘two pennies worth’ so to speak…:wink:

Graham