SOLENT AREA (ADDITIONAL EVENT) - Port Solent MX5 Meet Tuesday 31st May 2022 at 18:00

Here is an additional event for Solent Area, in the form of an MX5 meet at Port Solent.

Jason has kindly posted the event of Facebook, so the turn-out could be high, as lots of MX5 owners in the area will see the post but we will hopefully get a few MX5’s of each Maque parked down on the waterfront - I am still discussing this with Jason and will post more in due course.

Of course, supper is available in any one of the many eateries at Port Solent.

Regards

Mal

2 Likes

I had a Telecon with Jason (our host for this event) earlier this afternoon and he said the whole Waterfront Area, is for the sole use of Solent Area MX5OC Members, so the bit by Chiquito’s, Port Solent. This is better defined in the screen grab pasted below and highlighted, by Jason in Light Blue, which is Brilliant. :+1:

Jason said, he has had 30 Ferraris parked in this area in the past, so there would be room in the blue highlighted area for at least 30 to 35 MX5’s, parked sensibly, so we should fit fairly easily :smile:

The plan is to have Terry and I parked down at the Waterfront, with the Solent Area Flag and to be joined by a good selection of MX5’s across the model range, i.e. Mk1, Mk2/2,5, Mk3/3.5/3.75 and Mk4’s for the public to view.

Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis and we will need a couple of Marshalls (please voulnteer if you can possibly help with this) to ensure that only Solent Area Members enter the Blue Highlighted Area, as others will have to park in the main car park.

If you wish to come along to this event and park by the Waterfront, please respond to this post and book your place and you and your MX5 will be placed on our list, on a first come first served basis.

Finally, the important thing to remember, is that once parked for 19:00, cars will not be allowed to move on Public Safety safety grounds, until after 21:00. So, members will need to ensure they are happy to stay past 21:00 and Jason will also be there to ensure this rule is strictly adhered to.

Regards

Mal & Terry

Book me in for this Mal & Terry please gerry

Will do Gerry :wink:

Hi Mal, Terry and Jason.
The date looks good for me for once, so would you mind booking me in for in for this please. 30AE RF.
Many thanks, Colin.

Hi Mal.
Count us both in for this one.
As we are both off work that week more than happy to help with running the event if needed.

Richard and Clare.

Brilliant, glad you are both off and help much appreciated​:+1::+1::+1:

Hi Mal,

Please include us in this event and we’re happy to help you with the event.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

My lovely little Niseko isn’t in ‘showcase’ condition after working 40K miles/22 months on the Covid Infection Survey; so not sure about parking up in the allocated spaces but I will come down to meet some of you lovely people and hopefully pick up a few tips on getting her back in shape.

1 Like

looks like a nice event!
i just wish i was close enough to come along!

It will be good to see you. I am sure a few of us will be able to give you a few tips on getting your 5 back into shape👍

Hi Mal, yes Tony and I would like to attend the Port Solent evening - 1990 Mk1 1600, BRG.

Hi Judy & Tony,
It will be good to see you both there :+1:
Regards
Mal

Yes please add us.
Brian & Josie

Will do Josie & Brian, will be lovely to see you both.

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

Can you book me a slot for this one please :+1:

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

Good to hear from you and you re on the list :+1:

Regards

Mal

Terry & I will be there

Please add Lynn and I as it’s the Le Mans time of year!
Thanks for organising
Roger and Lynn

Hi Lyn, Roger, Diane & Terry,

You are all on the list and we will get your cars down by the Waterfront.

Regards

Mal