SOLENT AREA - An invite to Ant Ansteads, Dowsett Cars, Ware

Dear All,

Iain Flemming has sent the following to Coordinator’s
to gauge how many MX5OC members would be interested in going along. It’s short notice, as the event is on Saturday 5th Feb but if any members from Solent wish to go along. Please reply to this post soonest and we will pass the numbers attending from Solent Area on to Iain.

Regards

Mal & Terry

Hello,

For Coordinator update

Over the weekend Ant Anstead (Wheeler Dealers, Master Mechanic etc.) has invited the Club and members along to his own garage at Dowsetts Cars near Ware in Hertfordshire on Saturday 5th February (10am-2pm) for a Cars & Coffee meet and a look behind the scenes on some existing and new projects.

Dowsetts as you may know, are the team behind the Tipo 184 - the MX-5 based Heritage Race car, which will also be there to have a look and possibly a drive.

I’m just planning some logistics with them on a display space and meeting point set up for members. Refreshments and facilities will be available on the day.

Pre-registration is not going to be required but some indication of rough numbers will be an aide to planning, if you think it might be something your Area members might like to make a visit to, please let me know.

Postcode for drives/ planning

Colliers End, Ware. Herts

SG11 1EF

The MX5OC will have a photographer there who will also be on the look out for some cars to feature in future Magazines - and we are also beginning to look for some early special edition cars to begin a project to photograph UK MK1 special editions with Mazda, more on this to follow.

Meantime if you are interested in coming along and can reach out to members in your area, it should be an interesting day!

Look forward to seeing you

Iain Fleming

MX-5 OWNERS CLUB

This isn’t a MX5OC exclusive thing, is it?

Not MX5 exclusive but it looks like about 100 MX’s are attending. So should outnumber any other marks.:grin:

:grin:

Lets see if I can get a pass.

Hi Lewigie,
Yes, this an MX5OC exclusive put out by Iain Flemming and as such is for members only.
Whether any other marques will be in attendance as well, we do not know.
Regards
Mal

Mal. The coffee morning is advertised elsewhere for anyone to attend. See South Central FB post by myself. Other cars will be in attendance.

1 Like

Hi Alan,

Many thanks for that. I had not checked their FB page, hence my lack of knowledge.

Just read your FB post :+1:

Cheers
Mal

1 Like

event duplicated on ANt’s FB page, quite a few people interested, It is also advertised on !!witter

ant

Hi Everyone,

Please see below the latest email form Iain Fleming, ref the visit to Ant Anstead’s Dowsett Cars;

Hello,

Thank you all for the marvellous response to the invitation to Dowsetts, thank you to all the areas for updating on expected numbers and we are looking at roughly 100 MX-5s coming from all over - including some from s far afield as the South coast, Wales and Yorkshire, incredible.

Tea and Coffee and some other nice things are being provided by the Dowsetts team, there will be a donation tin for these with all proceeds to a couple of charities and there will also be a hot food truck available for something more substantial. I’ve also carved out a cake budget, come flash your membership card at me at the tent for some goodies (until they run out!)

If you are planning your trip, some important steps;

Please use Postcode SG11 1EF for arrival

Colliers End, Ware. Herts

This will direct you to next to our parking spot

Depending on approach the route should bring you in over the bridge over the A10 and towards Dowsetts from Colliers End, the entrance you need is the first right you will come to over the bridge and has gates standing back form the road. Signage is minimal.

We have been requested to please aim to arrive from 10am, there is a lot of space off the road to manage vehicles should there be a few cars arriving together, we have reserved lawn parking area at the end of the driveway for when you get in.

The gates are automated and unlikely to be open much before 10am while things are being set up, due to some of the other more sensitive businesses on site.

Once in, please proceed down the driveway and keep straight on - don’t fork off to the right at the first lawn, go past the sculpture and once you reach the buildings you should see the Club tent on the lawn as indicated in the diagram.

We’ll park up as best as we can on the lawn and please park in good order, we have a lot of cars coming and will fill up the space, parked well we should get most of the MX-5s on the space, if we do fill it - please keep the access to the farmhouse clear, we an overspill on to the gravel opposite. The Dowsetts garage will be accessed immediately across from our parking.

As you may be aware Ant Anstead will be there on the day and he’s also being joined by another couple of familiar faces, so it should be a good few hours of chat and a look around the cars.

When it comes time to leave, please take care exiting the parking and heading back down the drive. Please respect the other businesses and residents by leaving sensibly.

Other than that have a great trip there and look forward to seeing you all there on Saturday!

Iain Fleming

MX-5 OWNERS CLUB

www.mx5oc.co.uk