Solent Area Christmas Meal at The Seven Stars, Stroud

Hi Mal

Apologies in advance if I have missed it, but I’ve been through all the previous posts in this thread, but I can’t find anything about when to pay the balance by!

As you know from Sheila’s and my choices, we are going for the 2 course option, so can I just confirm the balance required from us is

£33.90 made up as follows…

Sheila £19.95 less £5.00 deposit, plus £2.00 to cover tip and Santa’s present = £16.95

Graham £19.95 less £5.00 deposit, plus £2.00 to cover tip and Santa’s present = £16.95

I think my maths are correct .

If the amount is correct, can I pay you the balance now, or do you have a specific date in mind?

If still okay with you, I’d like to pay you by BACS (Faster Payments) as I don’t use PayPal.

Thanks.

Regards,

Graham

Hi Graham, 

Yes, I have your meal orders noted and yes, your maths checks out correct, so please pay via BACS and we are all set.

I will review the balance payment date and post soonest.

Best Regards

Mal

Thanks Mal.

As I write this, the payment is on its way to you.

Wanna get out of your debt .

Best regards,

Graham

Hi Folks, 

Now I have sent in the meal orders for the planning meeting, I can  now focus on the Christmas Meal on the 15th December, which will soon be upon us.

So, to this end, I have been in touch with “Donna the Christmas Elf” and I am popping across this week to pay the deposits and finalise things and I will require your balance payments, for those who have not paid me the full balance already, by Wednesday 4th December at the latest, so I can pay the venue on the 6th December to save messing on the day with payments.

Your assistance in this would be greatly appreciated

Best Regards

Mal

Dear All,

My sincere apologies to everyone and its totally my fault 

I forgot to add the £1 cost of the Santa Gift and the £1 Seven Stars Staff tip to my spreadsheet, as posted in the events calendar for everyone-Doh

Rather than mess people around beforehand, ref payments, I will go around with the hat on the day and people can put in the £1 for the Christmas Pressies and also add a staff tip of £1 or more, as people see fit and we will be sorted

My sincere apologies again.

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

If you click on your original link for the Diary Event in your post #1, the additional suggested £2 is displayed.

However, I believe the ‘Diary / Events Calendar’ function on here has a bug.

If you go to the ‘Diary / Events Calendar’ home page and select the ‘Agenda View’, the first part of your entry containing the ‘When’ / ‘Where’ / ‘Cost’ and ‘Contact’ details are not displayed.

However, if you select any of the remaining views, ‘Day’ / ‘Month’ / ‘Week’ it does display the whole original diary entry that you entered back on September 23rd.

Therefore if any users use that original link, in post #1, they should see the bit about the extra £2.

See if you agree with my findings - I’ve tried it on both my mobile and laptop - and it’s the same result on both.  If so, you might want to mention it to the web developer(s).

Of course, sincere apologies if I’ve got all this wrong and misunderstood your meaning in your post #44, and therefore talking out of my…you know what….

Regards,

Graham

Hi everyone,

Hot off the press, I have just returned from a visit to The Seven Stars at Stroud, where I paid the deposit for 38 people for the Christmas Meal

It is now only three weeks this coming sunday to the event, so could those who have not yet paid their balances, please get this money to me by Sunday 8th December, in order I can finalise the financial aspects of this event and pay for the whole meal for everyone beforehand, to save messing around on the day, as per last year.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

I have paid the balance for the meal via PayPal.  I hope I have got the correct amount.  Any problems please let me know.

All the best

Marcus & Kim

Hi Kim & Marcus, 

Money safely received. Busy weekend but will confirm right amount in next few days.

I sent you a WhatsApp as soon as I received  the payment, to confirm safe receipt.

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

I have paid the balance for the meal via PayPal.

I hope I have got the correct amount with £1-£2 extra required but also £1-£2 also to be collected on the day.

Kind regards

Simon

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for that and yes, happy for you to pay the £2 on the day. I will annotate my spreadsheet ??

Regards

Mal

Dear All,

99% of the final balance payments are now in. Thank you to all for doing this, much appreciated. 

Just to finalise things. I will be leading a drive from Bishops Waltham Central Car Park (SO32 1AR), leaving at 11:00am, as our booking at The Seven Stars is for 12 noon and to allow for a casual drive via the countryside.

We will be in COSTA in Bishops Waltham High Street, between 10:00 and 10:30, for those who wish to have a coffee before the drive.

Alternatively, those who are making their own way to the Seven Start, please ensure you are there just before 12 noon.

Looking forward to seeing you all for an enjoyable Christmas Meal.

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

Hi Mal

We’ll make our way straight to the ‘Seven Stars’.

See you there .

Graham and Sheila

Hi Mal & terry,

Patricia and Me will meet you all at the Seven Stars…

Dear All, 

Please see below a clip from the Spreadsheet, in order that you can check your meal orders and make sure I have things correct for you all

If I have made a mistake with your order, please let me know soonest, so I can let the venue know.

I did post this on our FaceBook Page also, so its available in two places, for your convenience.

FInally, all the monies are now in, so we are good to go

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,

Have just checked our orders for Sunday, and Angela is a little concerned about her main course!

You have her down to have ”Road”Turkey.

Now is that road-kill turkey, if so we want a discount on that, certainly if we have to supply it ourselves, or is it meant to be “Road-runner” Turkey, in which case it maybe too skinny!?

Regards,

Ron and Angela 

???

[quote=RonAngie]

Hi Mal,

Have just checked our orders for Sunday, and Angela is a little concerned about her main course!

You have her down to have ”Road”Turkey.

Now is that road-kill turkey, if so we want a discount on that, certainly if we have to supply it ourselves, or is it meant to be “Road-runner” Turkey, in which case it maybe too skinny!?

Regards,

Ron and Angela 

[/quote]    

A truly wonderful gathering for the annual Christmas meal , as arranged for the 2nd year running by Mal & Serena, Terry & Diane, here are a few photos borrowed from Graham and Mal…

The Arrival at the Seven stars…

The Jesters

Solent Region members enjoying the gathering

and of course the elan…