SOLENT AREA - Daytime Drive to Henry Street Garden Centre on: Tuesday 13th July 2021

Hi Everyone,

This one was 99% complete and Peter at Henry Street has just emailed me back and our visit is a GO!

This is good news, as we were wondering whether to defer the visit untiil after the 19th July Gov’t Announcement, hence the comments in our original post on this.

Russell (Restaurant Manager) has stated we will be governed by the rule of 6 or less in their restaurant, so as long as poeple adhere to the current rules and only sit in groups of 6 max and stagger thier entry into the Garden Centre, there should be no issues. Particualalry, as we will be geeting there at their normal busy period - so we will have to play this by ear!

The start/meeting point, will be; Costa Coffee, Sainsburys, Broadcut, Fareham. PO16 8SU. We will meet here from 10:00am onwards, for a prompt 10:45am departure.

The venue/finish point will be; Henry Street Garden Centre, Swallowfield Rd, Reading, Arborfield RG2 9JY for anyone that wishes to meet us there.

Henry Street is an award wining garden centre in Arborfield and our route will follow the scenic Meon Valley (A32) via Alton and Hartley Wintney.

Whilst there, and one can also partake in some Gardening Retail Therapy - it will be interesting to see how much gardening paraphernalia; bags of peat, bark chippings & garden tools etc can be squeezed into an MX5, with passenger :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Peter hopes to be able to come and meet us all on the day but if not his brother Tim will hopefully do so.

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

Watching & keen​:+1::+1:

1 Like

For info: here are the directions, starting at Costa Coffee, Broadcut, Fareham, for the daytime drive for you to print off, as desired;

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

We’ll meet / look out for you at Wickham Square as Fareham is in the wrong direction for us. Is there’s an approx time you’ll reach Wickham Sq?

2 Likes

Hi Tardis56,

Your post reminded me that I had not posted the map from the start point at Costa Coffee, Broadcut but Wickham Square :roll_eyes:

Now corrected and posted. It is only 5minutes or so to get to Wickham, so if you are going wait there, we will swing by and pick you and anyone else who gathers there up on-route.

We will not stop but cruise by from the Winchaster Road end and exit straight onto the A32 the other end :grinning:

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,

Please put Angela and myself down for this drive.

Cheers,

Ron

1 Like

Hi Mal could you please put Patricia & John down on the list .

1 Like

Hi Mal,

Bit slow off the mark for the Fish 'n Chip run, so we’ll try and make sure we get along to Henry Street.

We’ll plan on meeting up with you there as it’s about 2 miles from us :grin:

Cheers,
Graham & Sheila

1 Like

Ok, we’ll be poised ready to join👍

Good to see the responses for this one, thus far. My list of attendees is growing.

We look forward to seeing you on the day.

Mal

Hi Mal, yes Val and Bob are up for this little trip out.

2 Likes

Hi Mal and Terry
Could you book me in for this drive and visit.
Thanks. Colin

1 Like

Bob & Val and Colin are on the list👍

Hi Mal
Can you book Terry & Trudy in for the drive
Unfortunately I’m working

Diane

Hi Diane,
Certainly, is Trudy taking Terry out in her recently acquired Icon :thinking:
Hugs
Mal

1 Like

Hi Mal

Is there still capacity for Kevin and I? If so, we would love to join you for this run.

Thank you
Sandra

Hi Sandra, Yes. Definately room for you and Kevin. You are both on the lost already😘

Mal

Dear All,

Now this event has gathered pace, we have published below, the names of those attending, in order to satisfy MX5OC Covid Rules;

1. Mal Rowland
  2. Serena Rowland
  3. Patricia Wheeler
  4. John Wheeler
  5. Geoff Lowe
  6. Lyn Lowe
  7. Sheila Butler - meet us there!
  8. Graham Butler - meet us there!
  9. Angela Clarke
  10. Ron Clarke
  11. Val Lazell
  12. Bob Lazell
  13. Colin Reay
  14. Terry Botto
  15. Trudy ( Terry’s Niece)
  16. Sandra Taylor
  17. Kevin Taylor

If I have missed anyone off the list, please let me know soonest, so I can correct the list.

Best Regards

Mal

Thank you so much Mal.

Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else next Tuesday.

Sandra x

1 Like

Yes, she is

1 Like