SOLENT AREA - First Drive of 2023

Hi Mal, please count Chris and I in, will send deposit in the normal way, and choose from the menu hen available, Happy Christmas, Regards, Doug

Hi Everyone,

i am pleased to say that we are now up to 26 members for this prestigeous event. The Ā£5/head deposit payments have been checked and confirmed against my PayPal Account and if paid, there is an Asterix against the payment, as an admin double check.

Please pay your deposits soonest to confirm your places, as we are rapidly getting towards our numbers limit imposed by the venue, if one considers each car generally has two people in it :smile:

Best Regards

Mal

HI Everyone,

For those attending the ā€œFirst Drive of 2023ā€ on Sunday 8th January 2023, below are the Tulip Diagrams for you to print out and bring along.

I will have one or two spare copies with me but please try and print the Tulips out yourself, if you can, to save ink and paper for your loving AC :smile:

As with previous Tulips, hover your mouse over the image and click on the image once only. You will see two options in blue appear at the bottom of the image ā€œNORMALā€ or ā€œDOWNLOADā€

Select either option and print off at a size of your choosing, so it is readable for you.

Apologies for the image being small but the website does not allow for the insertion of PDF files :roll_eyes:

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,
Can you print out your ā€˜original routeā€™ and then scan in as a jpg file that may be better to print out, because at the moment all you get is a narrow column with very small print and parts missing.

Hi John,
I have tried all sorts and will see if I can scan in as a JPEG tomorrow. Its a pain, as a PDF file would be so easy to use but sadly not a format that is accepted by the system. I will check but I am not sure it will even handle JPEGsšŸ¤”
Cheers
Mal

Hi Mal could you put me down for the 8th please, dep on its way

Regards

Phil

1 Like

Hi Phil,
Thatā€™s great, will add you to the list and your deposit money has been received safely, via PayPal :+1:
Cheers
Mal

Hi Everyone,

I have just spent 2.5 hours this afternoon trying different ways of getting the Tulips in a printable format for you all and have gained nothing. Its still small and the only thing I can think of is to copy the tulips into WORD or some other suitable application and enlarge the image and print it.

Another option is to select Landscape Orinetation when pasting into WORD and the image will become a bit larger but will print out on more sheets :roll_eyes:

If anyone has any ideas for making this issue better, please let me know. It would be a lot easier if one could PDF the file and upload it to the forum but the forum does not accept PDFā€™s, only PNG & JPEG files.

Update: Just saved the Excel Image, as a JPEG, and inserted it in the post and itā€™s still small but members may find it easier to manipulate the JPEG image and print it off :crossed_fingers:

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

Are we to late to add our names to the list

BR
Howard & Julie

Hi Julie & Howard,

Not at all, it will be good to have you both along.

I have added your names to the list in Post#13 and all I need is the Ā£5/hd deposit.

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like

Thanks Mal
Deposit made
BR
Howard

Got that.
Many thanks.
MalšŸ‘

Hi Mal, I have inserted the image into Excel, changed my top and bottom margins to 0.5 cms, then if you right click on the image, select format picture, go to size & properties, change height to 47 cms. This will make it print over eight pages but just select pages 1 & 2 to print.
It makes it a bit easier to read although some of the text becomes a bit blurred. Iā€™m happy to print out several copies to be handed out if that will help.
Sandra

Hi Sandra,

Many thanks for that, I will take a look at that soon. We are in the midst of taking down all the Christmas Decorations at the momentšŸ˜

Kind Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi Mal, on the White Hart website there is a daily menu, is that the bunny wo should be choosing from ?
Regards, Doug

Hi Everyone,

Regarding the menu I spoke to the venue tonight, as they had not sent me one, as they had orinally promisedšŸ™„
Apparently, the chef is changing the menu tonight/tomorrow morning and will send it to me. I reminded them that this does mean a quick turn around on meal orders will be required, before our visit Sunday, which they apologised for but we have to go with it.
I will post it tonight/tomorrow, once received.

Regards

Mal

1 Like

Good Morning All,

The venue has kindly sent through the new Menu, as given below;

Please make your choices soonest, as the venue has requested that they would like all orders by 4pm Friday

I will capture all meal choices on my usual spreadheet and will have a copy with me on the day, just in case you need a remonder of what you ordered :+1:

As always, please click on the menu image once and it will open up and you will see ā€œOriginalā€ in Blue at the bottom of the image. Click on ā€œOriginalā€ and then click on the iimage that opens up once and you will be able to view the text in a larger size.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,
5/02//23
Further to my phone call to Mal, please can we have 2 x soup as ā€˜mainsā€™ā€¦Ā£10 sent via paypal
regards
John & Patricia

Hi Patricia & John,

That is absolutely fine, I will refund that straight away.

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi Mal
Can i have the mixed roast and side of buttered veg please?
Thanks Jules