** UPDATED** SOLENT AREA - Lake District Tour 2020

Dear All,

Please see the email below for this year’s Solent Area Lake District Tour 2020.

The dates are 12th June to 15th June 2020 and this email provides details on how to book, as spaces are limited, due to finding a hotel that can take our group, as the Lakes is a popular tourist destination.

So, it will be done on a first come first served basis, as with previous tours we have arranged, using the booking details given in Kieran’s email below (in Italics).

We hope you are free to join us for this tour, which promises to be a good one and Kieran has struck us an especially good deal, as good customers of SCCT, at the Castle Hotel (Best Western) in the Lakes, so its cheaper than one would normally have to pay SCCT, so we are very privileged to have this arrangement!

Kieran requires deposits soonest, as he has reserved rooms at the Castle Hotel for us but these are limited, so please be quick and make your booking using the link given in Kieran’s email below, if you are able to come along on the specified dates.**

"Mal’s tip of the day" - When making your booking and it asks you “where did you hear about the tour?” select **MX5OC STHT option!

Hi Mal,

Thank you for confirming the June 2020 Lake District Tour from 12th-15th June 2020.

*Members can now book on, on a first come, first served basis. In order to confirm a place, *each member must pay a £100 per person, non-refundable deposit. Please ensure prior to booking, all members have seen the final pricing, inclusions and terms of booking, as per the attached offer (email attached).

Members can book via the 2 below methods:-

1- Online using this link :- https://www.my-holiday-booking.co.uk/availability/check/index/i/13/t/LAKE-MX5OC

2- Via phone, with Emma, Beth or James, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, on 01732 879153

Regards

Kieranstrong text

Alas I don’t think I will be able to come to this one as the lady I job share with already has that Friday and Monday off and we are not supposed to have time off together :frowning:

Thats a shame Max :slightly_frowning_face:, as it would be good to have both you and Esther alsong, on what is looking a great tour of the Lakes.

Hi folks,

The latest update I have had form SCCT indicates we now have 4 cars/4-couples signed up and deposits paid for this event to date, as follows;

1. Mal & Serena
  2. Terry & Diane
  3. Bob & Val
  4. Nick & Caroline

SCCT are keeping tabs on numbers, as spaces are limited, so be sure to book your place, as per my earlier post via SCCT.

Regards

Mal

Any more takers for the Lake District Tour, 12th to 15th June?

Hi Everyone,

By way of an update on this tour. In conjunction with SCCT, we have pushed the date for this tour out to 25th September 2020, for three nights.

It is hoped by then we will be able to undertake this tour in September and in the meantime both Solent Area and SCCT will be monitoring the situation, to see if any further changes may be required.

Kieran has worked his magic and moved our current bookings at our preferred hotel for the new dates and managed to secure the same costs - result!!!

Not only this, he has managed to reserve rooms for an additional 3/4 couples (3/4 MX5’s) on a first come first served basis, so if you would like to join us for this trip please let me know soonest and use the link given in Post #1 in this thread to make your booking.

Best Regards & Stay Safe

Mal Rowland

Hi Mal,

Esther and I are very interested.

Are there more details available for whats included in the price? is it B&B or half board at the hotel?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

I have gone back through my email trail and found this - although the date has changed to 25th Sept 2020!

Hope it goes some way to helping you and Esther, if not please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Best Regards

Mal

4 day/3 night tour from Friday 12th – Monday 15th June 2020

· 3 nights’ accommodation

· Breakfast included each morning at the hotel

· Dinner included each evening at the hotel

· Evening meals provided will be a 3 course meal with at least 2 options per course – if everyone is dining together each evening, the hotel may propose a fixed menu i.e. the same menu for everybody, if they feel it will ensure a good standard of service

· 1 route guide, per car, which will feature details and maps on attractions and places of interest

· 1 rally plaque, per car – tailored to MX5 Owners Club Solent Area

· 24 hour out of hours helpline whilst on the tour

· Full financial protection via ABTOT – we are ABTOT registered number 5405 – see https://www.abtot.com

· All administration taken care of – we will handle all of the bookings, collecting money, supplier payments, queries from members etc. – leaving you to get on and enjoy the holiday with the members.

· Ease of booking for members - they book everything with us rather than having to worry about booking many different elements themselves with various suppliers

· This quote is based on a minimum number of 15 paying persons booking the tour (approx. 7-8 bedrooms) – a supplement may apply if numbers fall below this

· All bookings are bound by our conditions of booking, attached, please ensure members are aware they are bound by our conditions once a deposit is paid

1 Like

Thanks Mal! Exactly what we were after - will have a think and get back to you.

Very tempted!

Max

Guess whose just paid their deposit for this :smiley:

Brilliant news. Really pleased you and Esther can join us, for what we hope will be a great few days in Cumbria. For info, some if us may go the afternoon before and stay in a Premier Inn, maybe Oswestry, as we did when we went to Ireland last year but nothing arranged and set in stone yet and we will see what the group decision is nearer the time😉

By way of a further update, as of the 19th May, we now have a definite 5 cars, possibly 6 cars attending this event. A really good result given the current circumstances and let’s hope the weather remains as good in September, as it is now :sunglasses:

1 Like