Solent valentines drive and lunch, proposed cancellation due to weather warning

‘VALENTINES DRIVE & LUNCH’ URGENT REPLIES NEEDED BY END OF TODAY RE PROPOSED CANCELLATION OF THE VALENTINES DRIVE AND LUNCH, DUE TO WEATHER WARNING FROM MET OFFICE, PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL FROM THE ANGEL INN, IF YOU SAY YOU COMING BUT DO NOT TURN UP, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE MEALS YOU HAVE CHOOSEN…Dear Mr Wheeler,

Further to our conversation this morning, I have spoken with the kitchen and the food has already been ordered for this weekend. There will be a £10 pp cancelation fee to pay.

26 People @ £10pp = £260

Deposit already paid =£130

Balance outstanding is £130 left to pay.

You can make the final outstanding payment by either a bacs transfer or calling us and we can do a credit card payment over the phone.

I hope this is enough information for you and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Tracey. Receptionist

Hi John

Understood. I’m not sure if “you” wish to cancel or are just pointing out the options? If the majority are going to cancel, then happy to pay you the £10 balance. If we are all still going whatever, then we know that the full balance of the meal is payable. Waiting for more people to share their thoughts.

It won’t be a top-down drive though :laughing:

1 Like

I am pointing out the options for members, so far those that have said they are still coming though it may not be in a MX5 are

Bernnie & Sue

John & Patricia

Mal & Serena

Terry & Diane

Colin R

Sandra & Kevin

Chrystianne & Debbie

Judy & Tony

Sally & Colin

Ryan & Sam

Bob & Val

Simon

That makes 22 out of the 26, so please a reminder to all who have not replied so far I must have your replies no later than today in fairness to The Angel Inn, and of course you cancellation fees if you are not coming…

Hi John,

Just to confirm we’ll be attending the meal on Sunday.

Best regards,

Colin & Sally

2 Likes

Hi John Wheeler absolutely yes we have a selection of cars depending on the weather so no issue for us will meet as usual for the drive too at Sainsbury’s

1 Like

Sue and I will be there in the MX5 :grinning: See you at Sainsbury’s

1 Like

so far those that have said they are still coming though it may not be in a MX5 are
Bernnie & Sue
John & Patricia
Mal & Serena
Terry & Diane
Colin R
Sandra & Kevin
Chrystianne & Debbie
Judy & Tony
Sally & Colin
Ryan & Sam
Bob & Val
Simon
That makes 22 out of the 26, so please a reminder to the 2 couples who have not replied so far I must have your replies no later than 11.00 today Thursday 13th, in fairness to The Angel Inn, and of course your cancellation fees if you are not coming…

Phew! Just heard from the 2 remaining couples they are coming so we now have all 26 members…don’t forget to bring survival gear lol, see you all on Sunday…special message to Greg & Margaret, I am waiting a reply from the Angel Inn to see if we can add you to the list…