South Central Run to Ragley Hall

As we’re fast approaching the National Rally, there was a bit of discussion at the breakfast meet yesterday about doing a group run up to Ragley Hall on the day. I’m happy to lead a group if anyone that is interested. Rather than take the motorway I propose to meet just outside Bracknell then do a run up through Pangbourne and Harwell, take the A34 to Oxford then up the A44. It’s a great run up through Woodstock and Shipston on Stour before cutting across country to bypass Stratford.

It’s showing as about a 2.5 hour drive, so…

Meeting point: Peacock Farm pub in Jennet’s Park (Peacock Ln, Binfield, Bracknell RG12 8SS)

Time: 7.30am for a prompt 7.35am departure!

That should give us plenty of time to get to the venue.

If you are interested in joining the group, please post here or PM me so I have an idea of numbers and can print off routes.

Hi Pete,
The Solent Area AC’s are also arranging a convoy, would it be worth talking to them? Terry Botto & Mal Rowland
https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst110687_Ragley-Hall--Convoy.aspx

Hi from Canada, Pete

Five cars are travelling up on Saturday and staying overnight very close to the venue. 

Perhaps we can arrange for all to meet up before entering the show.

Speak more on my return.

Yes, I saw the post. Newbury seems a bit far west to be meeting. The route I’ve worked up keeps off motorways and dual carriageways (except for a short run up the A34 to Oxford). Otherwise, it would probably be easier for us to do the M4/A404/M40. However, it might be possible to meet somewhere along the way. I’ll have a look at the route and maybe get in touch with Terry and Mal.

Alan, sounds like a plan. When you get back let me know where you’ll be staying and we can arrange a time to meet.

Will do. Just hoping my car is finished in time.

Just in case anyone else from South Central wants to tag along on Sunday, we’re now meeting at 7.30am rather than 7am (see updated original post). I expect we will do a quick coffee stop at the Oxford services on the A34 too.