Sparkly Berkeley Bunch

As a spin off from another thread, I hereby declare that membership of the Sparkly Berkeley Bunch is open for subscription.

Our distinctive Sparkle Green colour has been described by a respected forum member as the ‘marmite’ amongst MX5s (you love it or hate it), which  I believe we should embrace and celebrate in our signature. 

If you want in, add the following to your signature:

A member of the SPARKLY BERKELEY BUNCH - The Marmite Mk1.

If you want in, add the following to your signature:

Does this include me Please

My first car a 1600 Hilman Avenger Estate Super was the same colour, can i join? Lol!Wink

I’m in.   Yippeeeee !!!     Big Smile

Me too.

Mmmmmmmmarmite!

Well Taff it looks like we are being left out again

Oh well never mind Flea, I quite like the cars …but I can`t stand Marmite but then I do like Twiglets…its all too muchCry

As if someone could say such a thing about our cars!! However to be completley honest when I was looking for an MX5 I initially dismissed the Berkeleys as I wasnt keen on the colour. But I quickly realised that if I wanted to get a mark 1 in good condition I was going to have to be open minded about the colour. So when I went to look at my first Sparkle Green Berkeley I was a bit unsure, however when I saw it I fell in love with it and now wouldnt swap for any other! I think its a beautiful colour.

SPARKLY BERKELEY BUNCH - The Marmite Mk1.

Berkeley 41/400

1 Like

sorry to spoil the party but the real original “marmite” 5 is the wonderful Le Mans

Hopefully the original sparkleyberkleybob will be along and you’ll let him join up!

Hi Harco, you do have a point, but only to a point.  You see, enjoying ownership of a Sparkly Berkeley is still within the reach of  most MX5 enthusiasts, but of course not all would want one - much like a jar of marmite really (cant believe I just compared my beloved Berkeley to a jar of marmite Confused). 

The undoubtedly wonderfully liveried Le Mans, although an acquired taste itself, is way out of reach for most of us, and in MX5 terms probably more akin to Beluga Caviar, than Marmite spread Stick Tongue Out .

So you see, the Berkeley is and always will be the Marmite Mk1.

Sword, Blog & Storm - nice to have you onboard Thumbs up!

Thats a fair point… 

Good luck in your group

Guess I’m in then for the time being - not yet decided whether mine will keep the marmite colour or get changed to BRG.

Once a Berkeley always a Berkeley.  Of course your in, and in to stay.  May just have to drop the Marmite Marque if you go BRG.

If your up for a colour change, with the existing solid green colour of the undersides of panels and nooks and crannies, its probably a good colour to go for.  If you do go for it, good luck with it, I’m sure it will look great.

Only five of us  ? This must make us the most exclusive group here. Mind you, we are rather special !    Wink Big Smile

only joking we are all special

count me in!

hmmmmmmm Marmite…

Welcome Nigel & Julia.  That makes 6 Sparkly Berkeleys in the Bunch so far Clapping hands in the air.

How many more I wonder?

BUMP !!   Come on you Berkeley owners, there must be more than six of us out there.    Waving

Im in! sorry havent been on the fourms in a while!

No.60  joining the Marmite Massive!