Sports Cars in The Park at Newby Hall May 6th

UPDATED APRIL 29th New post by Mike

Hope everybody is in find fettle!

OK, here’s what will be happening next Sunday for the Sports Cars In the Park.

If you haven’t booked your tickets you need to as you won’t get in without one and there’s no cash on the day

Yesterday Andy, Marie, Sharon and myself went up to Newby to see what’s what and managed to speak to one of the estate managers about what to expect next week and how long it will take to get in once we arrive. Apparently they start queueing around 7.30 (reminds me of the spring rally!). There are over 500 cars now registered for the event so as you can imagine getting everybody in will not be quick!

So with that in mind we’ve decided we need to be leaving the meeting point at 8.00am (originally we said 8.30) if you’re not there by that time you will have to make your own way to the event. It will take us 45 mins from our meeting point to get to Newby. It’s a pretty straightforward route.

Meeting location: Silkwook Farm Car Park. Silkwood Business Park, Mothers Way, Wakefield, Ossett WF5 9TP

Unfortunately the place doesn’t open until 8 so there won’t be time for a full English and a brew!

The place itself looks fantastic and we believe the ticket also gets you free access to Newby Hall – so there will be plenty to do.

Our thoughts yesterday was to leave the event around 3pm and then do a run taking in part of the Tour De Yorkshire route towards Pickering and then to Thornton le Dale. It will take us about an hour but it’s a nice run. I did the instructions yesterday but it’s pretty straight forward.  There’s a big car park in Thornton le Dale and very handy for the pub we visited yesterday (to try out obviously!) – New Inn (the-new-inn.com) – very hospitable and they would be happy for us to go in. However we do need to advise on numbers. 

I can’t be at the meeting on Weds but Andy will be so if you don’t respond to this email then please let Andy know on Weds eve.

From there it will be make your own way back.

I think that’s it.

So in nutshell:

• 8.00 at Silkwood
  • Head to Newby
  • Picnic (or whatever for lunch)
  • Help sell Mikes Mk1 ?? (0.000001% commission paid)
  • 3 ish pack up (earlier of weather is pants)
  • Drive to Thornton le Dale
  • Feed
  • Home.

And if you haven’t booked on you still have time!

Original post

Sunday May 6th - Meeting at The Silkwood Farm Ossett, Run, Car Show, Picnic. 

http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk/ 

Last year 48 MX5’s attended from throughout the country, lets see if we can get the number over 65, making the MX5 the most displayed marque  in the park

Unfortunately we have other commitments that weekend so cannot organise a run up to the event, Mike & Sharon, Andy & Marie will be leading the run and P&P display

Newby Hall is just off the A1 nr Ripon, appox 60 miles from Meadowhell

Hi I have seen this on mx5 wave forum and it is on Tyne tees area links , I believe a few from north east will be attending certainly going to be a topic at next meet in our sector . I do fancy going along hope to be there looks a good day out so all being well will be there in my mk3  

I have just had a look on Google maps, it looks like a straight run down mostly down the A19 or A1 for you, approx 1 hr 20 mins.
Looks like there will be a fair few MX5’s attending.
Any one from the North West / Manchester area interested?
As mentioned in the original post we have other commitments so will not be organising a run or stand for the owners club.

u

There will be cars from TyneTees going,numbers unconfirmed at the moment.Will be on the agenda at out March meeting i think.

Sunday May 6th - Meeting at The Silkwood Farm Ossett, Run, Car Show, Picnic.

http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk/

Last year 48 MX5’s attended from throughout the country, lets see if we can get the number over 65, making the MX5 the most displayed marque in the park

Unfortunately we have other commitments that weekend so cannot organise a run up to the event, Mike & Sharon, Andy & Marie will be leading the run and P&P display

Newby Hall is just off the A1 nr Ripon, appox 60 miles from Meadowhell

Looks like there will be more MX5’s there than any other car/club

TVR Car Club 24 www.tvr-car-club.co.uk
Porsche Club GB 17 www.porscheclubgb.com
MX5 Owners Club 63 www.mx5oc.co.uk
Leeds Supercar Meet 28 www.leedssupercarmeet.co.uk
Mr2roc.org 17 www.mr2roc.org
vx-enthusiast.com 26 www.facebook.com/groups/Vxenthusiast
DDM 29 m.facebook.com/CarsAreTheLife
MGF and TF North Yorkshire Group 15 www.facebook.com/groups/1688624978082586
BMW North East GB 31 www.bmwcarclubgb.uk/regions/north_east.html
Yorkshire Supercar Owners Club 34 Yorkshire Supercar Owners Club /Facebook group
Focusrsoc North East, Yorkshire and Humber Region 48 www.focusrsoc.com
NORTH EAST ABARTH 30 www.facebook.com/groups/NorthEastAbarth/
Hartlepool Car Club 13 Hartlepool Car Club
UK S2000 Owners Club 10 www.s2kuk.com
Cleveland RS owners club 10 www.facebook.com/groups/283606171696518/about
XKEC 18 www.thexkec.co.uk
Yorkshire MINI Owners Club 28 m.facebook.com/groups/1244864695563398