Spring Rally 2013, Got any questions ? Post here....

Hi,

It might seem like a funny question but what things are there for the girls? I am thinking about going just need to try make her keen to go 

Hi ianmkent<o:p></o:p>

Great to hear that you’re thinking of coming up to Scotland for the rally. With fantastic MX-5 style roads, spectacular scenery and renowned Scottish hospitality I’m sure you will not be disappointed.<o:p></o:p>

The event activities are being finalised and should be in the February edition of Soft Top Hardtop, it will also include the booking form for the Saturday evening event in Fishers Hotel.

Hi ianmkent, re your question, i can confirm that there is lots to see in Pitlochry, more shops that you can shake a stick at !! On the rally field for both days is a Marque with various stalls with items being made by scottish craftsmen and women,i.e. woodcraft item, beads,jewelry,tartan bags,silk scarfs,harris tweed bags and knitwear to name but a few.

Some stalls for the men too, Mazmania will be there to supply/fit/repair hood,Perth Car radio Auto Electrical Services for any electrical problems,Auto Smart for car cleaning polish,dusters ect, to name but a few.

So come along and the ladies can do some shopping while the men (mostly) can talk about cars, enjoy any of the runs that will be available too.Whatever you choose come and enjoy.

cheers, 

Spring Rally Dinner Tickets are now available to purchase online.

http://store.mx5oc.co.uk/2013-spring-rally-dinner-ticket-268-p.asp

Hi there,we have booked our accomodation on and rally dinner tickets (stroll on May) will the rally pass/hanger arrive with the tickets or do i have to notify someone else(sorry to be a pain)

Andrew

Andrew,

All the details on rally entrance and directions will be available in the April Edition of Soft Top Hardtop.

A Scotish Rally and no haggis at the gala dinner!

By better half was looking forward to haggis and bashed neeps a traditional Scotish dish.

thanks look forward to seeing you all

Andrew

Hi Scotland

Watch out the South East of England are going to descend on you for the rally, well a few of us are anyway Wink just got to book the meal… save us a couple of tickets.

We are sharing a log cabin with 2 other couples for a week from 13th May to 20th May

plus some others are coming along, so far  I know of 6 car loads coming up, about 570 miles for us so a fair old drive but that’s what MX-5’s are for…

See you in May

Cheers

Sarah (Mazda Chick) xxx

booked b&b for fri/sat then staying in edinburgh sun night looking forward to the w/end Clapping hands in the air

3 cars (6 people) from Western coming 450 miles to the Rally, s/c chalet over looking the Loch of Craiglush.booked in Dunleld for the week.

Drew,

Haggis are out of season in May…

Tayside asked for a menu from the Chef that would appeal to our members, reflect a bit of Scotland and crucially on budget - he has excelled and has provided a selection of some of the finest of Scottish ingredients.

Main course consists of either of below and all sound delicious.

• Cushion of Scottish Salmon marinated with herbs, honey and lemon with a grain mustard hollandaise sauce.
  • Brea.st of Chicken filled with Stornoway Black Pudding wrapped in smokey Ayrshire Bacon with green peppercorn sauce
  • Vegetable Ragout, buttered spinach with Twiced Baked Lanark Blue Cheese Souffle

Of course if you need a Haggis fix I am sure the House of Bruar just up the road might be able to oblige with some of the good stuff,
or,
there is a mighty fine chip shop in Pitlochry too - they can do you a Haggis supper at the other end of the scale.

Both are great just in different waysWink

Sorry won’t be at the dinner nothing on there I like, except the lemon pudding.

Sorry I’m for the fish and chip shop, why no Scottish beef on the menu, I get it down here its great never mind.

I hope you all have a great nightBig Smile

All the best Tez and SamDog

Tesco clubcard have a deal for a short period where £25 worth of vouchers gives £100 off cottages 4 you if you’re planning a holiday around the rally. Shame about dinner tickets, was hoping to attend.

Clarebare - do you have any links at all?

You need to log onto Tesco clubcard rewards. The product code is P5762 and can be ordered until 28/2/13. cottage must be booked by 14/3/12. (be aware that usually £30 coupons buy £100 off cottage rental, product code is different).  Can view cottages on www.cottages-4-you.co.uk/tesco.

Where can I find details of local camping / caravan sites?

We can’t wait to get to the Spring Rally and Dinner looking forward to a real fun time, and of course Martyn’s wacky dancing to the band of course not too mention the Scottish theme Wink

Yay role on May and some good weather and lots of fun fed up with snow …

Bringing a few South East folk from Kent and Sussex with us and making a fun week from the 13th May to 21st May with stop off’s at Heartbeat country…

See you soon Scotland Smile

Love

Sarah (Mazda chick) & Martyn (Navman)

Here are a few suggestions, all close to Pitlochry:

Blair Castle Caravan Park: http://www.blaircastlecaravanpark.co.uk/stay_on_athollestates_camping.cfm

Faskally Caravan Park: http://www.faskally.co.uk/

Milton of Fonab Caravan Site: http://www.fonab.co.uk/index2.htm

Hope this helps.

Hi, coming up from Kent. Unfortunately I was unable to purchase tickets for the dinner before they sold out :(.  Will I need to buy tickets to use the bar area of fishers hotel