Standing Down - Many Thanks

I’ve been part of the Norfolk Fives group since 2012 when a small team of us set up this area of the owners club for the benefit of members living in the NR postcode area. It was not easy task and involved a lot of time and effort on behalf of those involved but I think we did a reasonable job.

I think we added value to being a member of the club and we all took pride in what was achieved however it seems some of you are unhappy with the current level of activities so I feel it’s time for me to stand aside and let the younger more enthusiastic members of the group take over and deliver what you expect.

I will remain a member of the owners club but sit on the other side of the table for a change enjoying the hard work of those who have done all the organising for a change.

All that remains for me is to thank you all for the support you have given to all of the events I have been involved with over the last 9 years and wish the successors all the best for the future.

Thanks again

Kevin.

10 Likes

Kevin,
Thanks for your support and work for Norfolk Fives. Always enjoyed your ‘spirited’ runs.
All the Best and see you at meetings and events.
David

2 Likes

Kevin,
You have been a valued and enthusiastic member of the team, very sad to loose you.
see you at the monthly meets and events.
all the best
Paul and Lisa

kevallen Sad to read this. I believe you were an asset to the club, but no doubt even from the sidelines you will be very useful.

Be safe, John

2 Likes

Genuinely sad to read this Kevin, Breakfast “spirited” runs will never be the same lol…

Also don’t think for one second this means ill stop badgering you about getting an ND… :joy:

See you on a run or meet soon I hope :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Very sad to read this news. I hope to see you soon and catch up over a coffee.

2 Likes

Kevin,
So sorry to hear that you are leaving the planning team. Your legendary compositions as the official area photographer will be in our memories for some considerable time.

Best wishes, Laurie

2 Likes

Thanks David, one of these days I won’t be at work and will be able to join in with one of your runs.
See you soon.
Kevin

Thanks Paul & Lisa
It seems my time has come, can’t believe it really after all these years it will seem very strange.
See you soon
Kevin

Hi John
Hope all is well with you.
Nice to hear from you.
There seems to be plenty of people with an opinion on how the club should be run so at least now they can give it a go.
I look forward to taking a back seat and just enjoying the club.
Kevin

Don’t be sad Dave, I think this outcome was inevitable really, it gives me a chance to focus on other things in life.
Mazdaspeed up for sale shortly so that will boost the ND funds a bit, Fingers crossed.
Was going to join you on Sunday but I have been blocked from the group.
Hope to catch up soon.
Kevin

1 Like

Hi Ian
Hey you know Tea is my thing lol.
Catch up soon
Kevin

1 Like

Thanks Laurie
Well at least I won’t have to carry a camera to every event now.
I am sure somebody else will jump at the chance.
Hope to see you soon.
Kevin

Kevin, we are enjoying the life in Spain, but never thought we would be stuck here… We just need things to get back to normal so I can get back to North Walsham and check me MX5 out. Nearly 3 years now it’s been under covers on blocks awaiting my return. I may sell it as well. Be safe hope to pop into club ad see members soon.

Hi John
Can’t believe its been 3 years. Think of all that dust you will have to clean off now.
Be good to see you if you mange to get back.
Kevin

Dust not worried about as it has 3 covers over the car (I know over kill!) As soon as we know we can come across we will plan the visit to work with next club meeting so we can meet up with old friends and new no doubt.
Be safe.