Stick or Twist

My NC is just a fraction short of 100,000 miles, which I will probably reach by the end of March. It is a 24/7 car for me, and lock-downs permitting, is used in all weathers, although my annual mileage is not too great these days anyway.

Family always laugh at me when I drop the roof, reminding me that anything below 10deg is too cold for open top motoring, but with the dash vents open, who really cares…? The car loves the roof down as much as I do, as what is left of my receding grey hair blows in the breeze.

These days life needs to be enjoyed when the opportunities arise, and I now enjoy driving again, as retirement rapidly approaches.

5 Likes

That’s the key, “enjoying driving again” :slight_smile: I had a Fiesta ST2 which was very capable but ultimately just another turbo’d hot hatch! The MX-5 is just fun driving in it’s purest form, and the top is down on mine from about 7 or 8 degrees upwards… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is so true! It’s not been good, this last year or so, unfortunately. Just got to enjoy!
Barrie

1 Like

How long did your midlife crisis last for? Mine started in about 2004 and hasn’t ended yet. I have had some lovely cars in that time though, but I am loving most of all my MX5 phase. That being said since I was 17 years old I had always wanted a XJ Jaguar, then in 2004, well that’s when it all started…

2 Likes

I’ve always had a thing for the supercharged Jags they made, lovely things. Never had one though, just don’t have a use for one.
Given a bit more time and money i’d have a 996 or a 997. Sadly both those things are in short supply at the moment. Also it would be a shared car and she wants an open top Merc so will carry on dreaming for now.

1 Like

debating whether to sell mine or pay for repairs and run it for another couple of years. Failed its MOT on some welding and other minor bits, perhaps sub 1k of work - but assuming without an MOT its only worth buttons

Hiya, only my opinion obviously but what could you buy for less than £1k? If the car is otherwise fine, spending that amount keeps you on the road, enjoying your 5 for a few more years! Plus, you know the car and any little things it may have that need attention, regardless of the MOT stuff, I’d keep it going for that money. :+1:
Barrie

2 Likes