strut brace

few pics as previously promised.

Hi Michael

The strut brace in your photo does not look like the standard Mazda one off the MK2.5.  The one you will receive very shortly is a genuine Mazda Mk2.5 item where the brackets give adequate clearance to avoid impacting the master cylinder.  Strut braces designed for the MK1 will likely fit the MK2 but are unlikely to fit the MK2.5.

What car was that brace removed from?

Cheers

Rhino

Mk2.5 as far as I’m aware mate, unless it was a sports version with mine being a bog standard 1.6

1 Like

Hi M-m ,I found that the mk2/2.5 braces wont fit the mk1 as the actual body is smaller outside the shock ( strut top basically) although the bolts will line up ,the brace wont sit down on the body.Its just the way the valance is shaped .MK2/2.5 are wider on valance only.Hopes this makes sense.

It does mate, it’s mazda who decided to put a double servo on the 1.6, these cars like to test us, learn new stuff all the time on this forum.

Same body tub, they will all fit each other 100%, i will take plenty of pics to show .

M-m

Link to show braces fitted…

http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=5059&p=47778#p47778

Where are you buddy? with her having the bigger master/brake servo it will need a little fettle to get it to fit, if your close by pop around and i’ll sort it.

M-m

P.S…Admin , how do you get a link live?

I can’t click on the link, can you send it to me on pm.

Seen it now mate, wish I had a nice little servo like them haha

Hi Michael

If you cut the link and paste into the URL box at the top of the page, Wayne’s link will work.

Cheers

Rhino

You can get it to fit buddy, i really can not believe how this thread as gone  from you saying that you simply want to fit a engine strut brace…help please.

I’ll get you by P.M and lets get you sorted and a smile on your chops.

M-m

Cheers buddy, a big smile on my chops sounds like a decent plan to me mate.

I do appreciate all help, it’s all part of life’s learning curve.

I have sent you an e-mail of one fitted to a Mk 2.5 1.6cc buddy 

M-m

One thing I noticed on this thread is some one said that if they did not do any thing why were they fitted to cars like the S-Ltd at the factory.  I have one fitted to my Mk1  1.6 auto and as far as I can tell it makes a small difference, It is a genuine mk1 brace and it was yellow (now painted red) 

http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=5059&p=48041#p48041

If you want to fit it…fit it, hope this helps buddy.

M-m

brace

little tinkering

finished

finished

Many Many thanks to Mazdamender  as my long search for a (bottle opening, as Wayne likes to call it) upper suspension mount brace is over, i finally have one fitted, i will be forever in your debt Mr Mazdamender. im putting your poster on my bedroom wall next to Edd China haha.

thanks PAL

LOL, we did use it as a bottle opener at Blyton and it worked spot on, glad your sorted and a happy bunny buddy, any time.

M-m

Glad it had 2 functions and it could help you back, thank you and hope I can return  the favour some day.

Reviving this old thread as I’m facing the same issue on my m2.5 1.8.

I seem to have the bigger brake servo although it sounds like only the 1.6s had this…

I’ve swapped the LH and RH strut mounts as it fits that way around (with the strut itself facing the intended way as per the photos in this thread). Reckon there would be any issue with this solution?

I got a section of the strut brace lightly cut back so it would fit around the extended part that sticks out from the servo

lets see a pic bud.
M-m