Summer Playlist

Sorry. I meant Vixen.

Lost focus for a min. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Easily done :joy: We’ve all been distracted by a lovely lady in our time! Sometimes with painful consequences :laughing:

Thank you for reminding me Nightwish exists! Must have been 10 years ago when I last listened to them… and they’re still making music :smiley:

1 Like

Yup- I was recently watching the music video for ‘Over the Hills and Far Away’ and found my stomach hit the floor when I was reminded it came out 20 years ago!!! :see_no_evil::rofl: They’ve changed quite a bit since the Tarja days, though. Much as I love her, they’ve now got the best singer in the world, Floor Jansen, and she’s just taken them to a whole other level. Was very sad when Marco announced his departure recently though- wonderful talent in his own right.

1 Like

I’ll give their newer stuff a listen - proably got a bit of catching up to do!

1 Like

If I may be so bold as to suggest, this is the best place to start

https://youtu.be/JYjIlHWBAVo

1 Like

A bit cliched but then again, which rock band isn’t. Not too bad, though.

Just had to get Back in Black and Bat out of Hell on cd. Cheaper than my vinyl versions. Lol

I never set off on a journey without my Back In Black cd in the car

Sorry to be a party pooper but I find those “Metal” bands both indistinguishable and boring! :innocent:

I am now retiring to my nuclear bunker to shelter from the assured fallout! :crazy_face:

Not at all. I have a very eclectic taste when it comes to music but a good beat and rhythm is essential for a good driving track I feel

1 Like

You won’t get any fall out from me. We all have different tastes and that’s a good thing. I enjoy ACDC,Guns n Roses,lizzy etc,but not a fan of what you would call ‘Metal’ bands.

Don’t get too upset. My views are purely personal and do not intend to condemn anyone else’s choice.
For me “hard driving music” has the same effect as any other intoxicants and is therefore a “no-no”. As I said this is a purely personal observation and conclusion. I don’t, and never have, played music whilst driving. I enjoy both, but separately so that each can be given my full attention,

No danger of me getting upset at all. I respect your views. I love a good tune while driving.If driving around town,I’ll probably have the radio on,if on a ‘run out’ I’ll play a cd or three. I’ve found that ACDC’s Whole Lotta Rosie causes my right foot to get very heavy and I’m sure increases bhp

That’s exactly the effect that I find dangerous and therefore avoid.

John Ottway and Wild Willy Barrett… Beware of the flowers
Jilted John …Jilted John
The Vapour… Turning Japanese
Vanilla Ice… Ice Ice Baby
Right Said Fred…Im Too Sexy
Snow…Informer
Aqua…Barbie Girl
Bloodhound Gang…The Bad Touch
The Tweets…The Birdie Song
Venga Boys…Were Going To Ibiza
:+1: Hows that for a hit list :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well it’s certainly varied and vastly different from much that’s gone before! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

just what I was thinking

2 Likes

Me too. I have to agree about metal bands. Just noise and heavy gain guitar. Deep Purple, Led Zep etc more heavy rock I feel.
I too sometimes prefer the silence of the drive. Usually in the morning or with the roof down. Or in the V8 for the soundtrack.

2 Likes

Radar Love - Golden Earing
Breakthru’ - Queen
Atmosphere - Joy Division
Working For The Yankee Dollar - Skids
Rapture - Blondie
Ready For Drowning - Manic Street Preachers
Myth - Beach House
Solitaire - The Carpenters
Saturday Night - Whigfield
Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy

1 Like