Sunday 9th January 2022 - A drive from Stockbridge to The Bear & Ragged Staff, nr Romsey

This will be a 2 Hour drive, led by Diane & Terry, via the Hampshire Countryside, affectionately known as “Terrys Wet Run”. Remember that one - Colin R Does :joy:

Start Point: Roman Road, Stockbridge. SO20 5HA

Start Time: 10:30 prompt departure (so aim to be there 10:00am of just after.

Arrival Time (Approx, depending on traffic): 12:30 at The Bear & Ragged Staff, Stoneymarsh House, Michelmersh, Romsey SO51 0LB (alongside the A3057).

Please indicate your attendance on the forum, so Diane & Terry have an idea of numbers attending.

Diane & Terry visited the venue today and they already have a large group in for lunch and they could only ensure a max of sixteen people, so we decided it would be best to turn up on spec, order & pay at point of purchase but noting that meals could be delayed, depending on how busy the pub is on the day.

So, to assist you, there are other hostelry’s nearby, as follows;

a) The Red Rover, On the A36

b) The Goat at Timsbury, Stockbridge Rd, Romsey SO51 0NG

c) The Wheatsheaf, Braishfield Rd, Braishfield, Romsey SO51 0QE

d) The Dog & Crook, Crook Hill, Braishfield, Romsey SO51 0QB

Please go onto the various pubs websites to check out their menus beforehand and it maybe wise to book a table and pre-order, as many pubs are very busy this time of year and also peole wishing to eat out after Covid Restrictions and Christmas?

We look forward to seeing as many as can make it, on Sunday at Stockbridge.

Best Regards

Diane & Terry

1 Like

Sounds good, look forwarding to seeing you all on Sunday :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be there for the run. See you on Sunday.

1 Like

Look forward to seeing all on Sunday

1 Like

Hi Stuart.

It will be good to see you and your 5 at Stockbridge on Sunday. Lets hope the weather is nice and bright like today :sunglasses:

Regards

Mal

1 Like

HI again Everyone,

Change of Start Point

I had a call from our very own Martin Down this morning, advising me that we ought to avoid the Stockbridge area, due to “The George Skeates, Stockbridge Fun Run”, which is now in its 33rd Year, and is taking place at the exact times we were aiming to be there, on Sunday in Stockbridge and passing through Roman Road.

So, we have had to change the start point to just a bit further up the planned route, to; Danebury Hill Fort, Stockbridge SO20 6HZ.

Please avoid Stockbridge on your route to Danebury, to avoid traffic delays and approach Danebury via The Old Salisbury Road (A343).

All timings remain the same, in that we will start to meet up from 10:00am onwards and will depart Danebury Hill Fort at 10:30 prompt :grinning:

Lets hope the weather is like today, so we can have some top down motoring :sunglasses:

Best Regards

Diane, Terry, Mal & Serena

2 Likes

Are we meeting at the little car park at the bottom of the road? Just off Old Stockbridge Road

Max

1 Like

Hi Max, No, a new start point at Danebury Hill Fort., as per the new Post Code. See edited map grab below for more info :wink:

Hi Mal

Kevin and I would like to join this drive. Look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Sandra

1 Like

That will be brilliant, we look forward to seeing you both at the Danebury Fort rendezvous point👍

1 Like

Hi Mal, hope to get along but it’s back to uni time again so it’ll be see you if I see you!

1 Like

Happy with that👍

1 Like

Given that Sunday could be busy, as more people are now venturing out, we have booked a table at The Bear & Ragged Staff.

To save any issues on the day, visit the Bear & Ragged Staff website or one of the other venues we posted and book a table.

Serena, Mal, Diane & Terry :wink:

1 Like

Happy New Year All,

If the weather’s fine :sun_with_face: I’ll join the drive, if that’s ok, but I won’t be eating as we have plans for the afternoon :slight_smile: Be good to get a run in the '5.

1 Like

Hi Grumpy Badger,
It will be good to have you along, weather permitting :crossed_fingers:
Regards
Mal

1 Like

Sorry, can’t make tomorrow as it clashes with the Boundless ‘New Year Run’ which was booked a couple of months back.

Even if we could make it, it wouldn’t be in the ‘5’ with all the salt our council has been throwing on the roads over the last couple of weeks :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. We’re doing the Boundless run in Sheila’s car :wink:.

Have a great time everyone…might see you out there.

Cheers,
Graham & Sheila

Sorry Val and I will not attend this one, we have had "C’ very few symptoms and are OK now but think its prudent to give it another couple of days. Have a good drive

Hi Sheila & Graham and Val & Bob,
Sorry you will be on tomorrows drive but hope to catch up with you all very soon.

Serena & Mal :wink:

Have a ‘splashing’ drive, sorry to say we are going to give it a miss…P&J

Dear Terry, Diane, Mal and Serena

Thank you so much for today. It was a really lovely, scenic drive and the pub meal was delicious, thankfully the weather was dry and quite sunny too which was a bonus!

Look forward to seeing you all again soon, hopefully it won’t be too long.

Sandra & Kevin x

1 Like