Sunday Drive on 1st December 2019

Hi Everyone,

We sadly ran out of time at our planning meeting on Wednesday, before I could run this one past you all, as I did not wish to delay you longer than was absolutely necessary, on a dark and wet evening. I had a poster for the event ready to project on the screen for you also but…hey ho

So, without more ado, here goes;

We will convene at Costa Coffee at 10:15am, Sainsbury’s, Broadcut Fareham. PO16 8SU, which opens at 08:30 on a Sunday, and partake in coffee and or tea and sticky buns. The main store opens at 10am, so a chance to get any bits or use the facilities at Sainsburys therein.

We will leave Costa in convoy at 11:00am and partake in a scenic drive, which I will have already scoped and will post on this thread, as Tulip Directions, once I have produced then in the next few days. 

The drive will take us through the Hampshire countryside on some scenic and not too narrow roads and will finish at New Place, Shirrell Heath, Southampton SO32 2JY

There is a Christmas Craft & Gift Fayre being held at New place, Shirrell Heath, which is a wonderful building with a lot of local history, which can be found at: http://www.newplacehotel.co.uk/new-place-history,  from 12:00 to 16:00 and the poster is given below for you to view;

There is a cafe/bar and snacks will be available on the day but not sure how extensive or limited these will be at this stage, as they are still finalising things.

However, there are lots of Hostelries in the area. Samuels Rest/The Wheatsheaf, Shedfield/ The Anatolian, Waltham Chase or The Vintage Inn, Waltham Chase Carvery, to name a few and decisions can be made on the day on where to go for lunch or divide an conquer according to people’s availability and preferences.

We look forward to seeing you at Costa on Sunday 1st December

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

Grest I’ll be there , thanks Mal 

Great I’ll be there thanks Mal 

Hi Mal 

The Wheelers would like join you 

Hi Mal & Terry,

Thanks for arranging this, please include us and see you at Costa’s.

Best wishes,

Colin & Sally

Hi Mal I’ll be there not sure who with though yet.  I’m banned from the Samuels Rest (long story) so that isn’t an option for me.  I don’t like the food at the Anotoian so it looks like the Wheatsheaf or the Carvery for me. 

Hi mal I’ll be up for this please gerry

Many thanks for your responses on this one. I am happy to go with the Wheatsheaf, as the food is good there and car park is big enough if we get there early. 

Chrystianne - if you could kindly run this by Tim the landlord to make sure he is happy t would be much appreciated

B|est Regards

Mal

[quote=Mal Rowland]

Many thanks for your responses on this one. I am happy to go with the Wheatsheaf, as the food is good there and car park is big enough if we get there early. 

Chrystianne - if you could kindly run this by Tim the landlord to make sure he is happy t would be much appreciated

B|est Regards

Mal

Hi Mal - I’ll do this when I go down to the Wheatsheaf tonight, take some photos of the menu - if we could all pre-order it would be helpful.  I’ll post this on Facebook as well.

Would like to come along if ok. Will be bringing my sister this time.

Hi Mal

Could you book me in please. 

If you’ve got any left, could you bring it some good weather with you.  About 15°, hazy sun and no wind would be nice for a top down drive in December.

Chrystianne - Many thanks for that, much appreciated.

Ju - no problems, look forward to seeing you there.

Colin - I will talk to the sun gods but whether they listen to me or not is another matter - but I am a glass half-full guy

Regards

Mal

Hi again Everyone,

Two things for Sundays drive;

1. Chrystianne has reserved some space at The wheatsheaf for lunch for those that wish to avail themselves of the great food they do there.

2. Attached to Post#1 is a map of the route in G-Maps format - I am afraid I have been too busy to produce Tulips for you all, so these will have to suffice but its an easy route and I have tried to avoid narrow roads and use wider B-Roads, due to lots of flooded roads in the area in recent times.

NB: I put in my request to the Sun Gods and it does seem they listened a bit, as the weather is predicted to be better on Sunday and a lot better on Monday but as long as its dry we should be able to avail ourselves of some  “Top-Down Motoring”

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,

I will join you for the drive and the fair but possibly not for lunch at the Wheatsheaf this time around

Max :slight_smile:

Sue and I would like to join the drive and the fayre, but will probably not join you at the Wheatsheaf afterwards.  See you on Sunday morning 

Hi, newbie from Hants here. I was going to ask about the practicality of Tulips when driving solo but that’s been solved I see. I hope you won’t mind a second AE30 turning up, they’re becoming as common as…
Cheers
Will

Morning Will,

We would be delighted to see you and your 30th AE MX5 on Sunday. We are getting quite a collection of them in Solent Area now

The drive is not overly long, and as I said in the post I have tried to stick to decent roads to avoid mud and floods at this time of year.

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday. 

Will you be joining those that wish to at The Wheatsheaf for a spot of lunch after New Place?

Best Regards

Mal

Max and Bernie, 

Great stuff - look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi everyone,

Chrystianne kindly took a couple of photos, which are pasted to this post, below, of the blackboard menus at The Wheatsheaf, which are attached to this post to “titillate your taste buds and make your mouth’s water” 

NB: I am logging numbers for this drive, so I can update Chrystianne on numbers who might be dining at The Wheatsheaf. So, please reply to this post or on our FB page to indicate whether you are joining us, so Chrystianne can update Tim the Landlord.

Also, if you can let me know your meal choices, I will log them, so the venue can ensure they do not run out of anything.

Regards

Mal