Sunday run out, Feb 10th 2019.

A big thanks to Burton & Lesley for a great Sunday road run today.

This was our car’s first run out since I took it off the road and SORN’d it last September. We suffered a technical hiccup to begin with. One of the two recently replaced auxiliary drive belts began screeching very loudly so we had to return home to fix it. Thankfully ten minutes of spanner work later we set off again. We arrived too late at Owler Bar to have breakfast but as compensation the route included two of my favourite roads, Snake and Woodhead Passes. It was good to see that the dams at Ladybower are well on their way to being 100% full after last year’s dry spelll.

The final destination at Kelham Island Museum was very interesting and it was a real privilege to see the massive ‘River Don’ steam engine running.  12,000 horsepower - what an absolute monster it is.

Only downside was a little confusion and uncertainty caused by the main road closure, heavy traffic congestion and route diversions in Sheffield, but I think all who meant to get to the finish managed it.

Sue and I somehow went from being well behind the convoy on entering Sheffield to arriving almost first at the museum - no idea how that happened but I can only assume that we inadvertently found a shorter diversion round the backstreets than most of the others did after losing sight of everyone else ahead. I got a slight telling off after mistakenly parked in the normal visitors car park (we wuz lost) but did later move my car to the reserved area.

I really must get that cambelt changed before the next road run - I think it might be the original that was put on the car in Japan and the car has just passed it’s 21st birthday…

Yes, I big thanks to Burton & LEsley for organising.

This was my first run out (I was in the Red NA) with the group and the longest journey I have done with the car in 2 weeks of ownership.

Despite getting slightly lost twice me and the Mrs had a good time and it was great how welcoming everyone was.

Hopefully see you all at the next meet.