Supermarket fuel £99

Just a heads up just incase people don’t know.If using self payment pump in mainly supermarket forecourts your card will be pre authorised £99 plus cost of fuel…just gone to put a £10 in the 5 and £40 in the family car to find my remaining balance on my bank account short of £248 knew fuel had gone up but this alarmed me :rofl::rofl: until I did a quick Google search.

1 Like

and people wonder why i only use cash!!!

2 Likes

It only takes £1 pending at Asda and just the pending amount you fill up by at Tesco and Sainsbury’s. Those supermarkets have never shown a £99 holding (pending) payment on any of my accounts, I’ve even put my card in the pumps machine with less than £99 in my account too.

Usually £30 at Tesco

It’s us Old School ( or Old Pharts ) that keep the cash economy healthy my lad.
Nothing beats the sweet aroma of fresh untouched readies out the Hole in the Wall.
All Hail the Hole in the Wall.

Especially on Pension Day.
Harrumph…

5 Likes

By all acounts that is what it used to do at our local Asda but since the start of March it’s started the full £99.

1 Like

I only had a problem last week whilst away, couldn’t pay at pump, tried two cards neither would work. Paid at the kiosk in the end, the attendant said it’s a WiFi problem. Now if the transaction was part way through and the signal dropped out I’m wondering what would happen to the shown amount charged?:thinking:

I love me a bit of cash can’t beat it, although police did once tell me i had to prove I earned the money I had in my pocket… I was going for a messy night at a club, no way was I going to take my new contactless card to a club at 18 :joy:

1 Like

I’ve only ever seen this at one supermarket pump, and it did say quite clearly on the screen before I started filling up that there was a £99 holding charge!

Goodness me.
Took our Panda to the Midlands and decided to top up before home.

You’re going to need a big battery to get that range out of an electric Panda. :grinning:

1 Like

Did you watch Sunak doing a photo op on Have I got News for you yet?
Filling a leccy with petrol apparently. Priceless. Clown…was not even his vehicle.
Don’t think he had his finger on the trigger though TBH but the team made the most of it.

And he could still afford to buy crisps and chocolate at the checkout

1 Like

You’re supposed to fill the petrol tank, not the cabin.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.