telephone Probllem

We have a telephone Landline that supports two 'phones. They are the sort that you can take off its stand when it rings and walk about with it. Both 'phones are BT phones. When anyone calls us on our landline number we hear the 'phone ringing as they do to get our attention, that is to say everyone but one particular caller who, when they try to contact us on this landline 'phone the 'phone doesn’t ring. They can though leave a message for us and also saying that no one answered the 'phone. For most of the times that this happens there is always some one at home who verify that the 'phone has not rung,me being one of the persons who were at home at the time they were trying to contact us. This person who is trying to contact us is the Practice Nurse from our Doctors surgery. I saw her today to verify that the she was ringing from a landline 'phone too.

Has anyone any idea why both of the phones will not ring when it is from this particular surgeries  number, but it does when anyone else contacts us on our land line?  

I suggest that the phones may be an early version of call blocking phones.

I would download the manual for the phones and check that. Does the number appear as witheld on the phone when they call, worth a check?

Get them to phone you back while you look at the phone display.

That is a strange one.

Can only suggest that the surgery number has been blocked but that begs the question - how are they able to leave a message?

Blocking may be a function of BT or the individual phone.

I would check blocked numbers on the phone and with BT. The practice nurse’s number is not one you want an issue with. 

Since my first post about the problem I had with the 'phone, this is the latest update. I didn’t set the phones up in the first place, my wife did, as I have learned from experience it is best not to get involved with anything that my wife has done, just in case something goes wrong, and if it does, it is never her fault if I have had anything to do with it. 

Anyway after passing on all your suggestions of which she would not at first accept that they were the problem. I got the instruction book out and read about the problem and showed it to her and she still would not accept that it could be a blocked call. After another few days she must have thought she had better check the 'phone and low and behold the doctors number had been blocked. I was tempted to swear at my wife on hearing this.

Good that you have managed to find a diplomatic solution to the problem… 

Perhaps you should introduce your wife to this Forum Pollyanna - I’m sure she would appreciate our inputSmile