Thank you!

I’d like to echo all the above positive comments!

What a FANTASTIC day! Huge amount of interesting things to do/see, and visiting a venue steeped in such history was amazing. Then there was the Test Hill…

For someone who’s never been near a track, (or a red-line Embarassed), great fun & the bonus of multiple goes too… We watched all different techniques (and passenger reactions!), then thought, what the hell, 7500rpm in 1st looked & sounded swell! No more carbon on the piston crowns then…Laughing but 2nd gear was faster…Tongue Out

BUT the most important thing, is to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all the organisers, coordinators, officials, helpers, marshals, judges, stall-keepers for organising such a memorable event on many levels.Cool

Regards to all…

Bill

Thanks Peter and All the other Marshalls, A great effort put in by so few people, for so many - to quote a great man !

We too had a great time,

Alan & Helen   Area Co-ordinators  South Central  

Well done to those that organised this great day,can’t believe that we got all that for only £9! As for the venue well,the old Brooklands saying is still very relevant " The right crowd and no crowding "First big MX5 event but will be back for more !!

Over the years I have been to many MX5 Rallies, but yesterday was completely different for me.

Its the first time I have Marshalled at an event, (Test Hill Climb Parking) and I loved it!

Got to see so many lovely examples of a great little sports car, and almost everyone was so up beat and happy.

(I think I may have met the couple who were complaining! If they turn up later than all their mates from their region its impossible to “reserve” them a spot!)

One of the Embankment Marshalls came down to me at one point and said they had 6 parking spaces left! Would love to know how many cars where actually there.

(Photography people said they had taken between 700-800 cars shots and had missed quite a few.)

Amazingly, I am suffering with sunburn on the top of my head. (Thanks Sparkley Berkley Bob for the weather! Wink )

Would like to add my thanks to the people who organized the event …wow you guys did v.good ,fantastic day thanks from the s.e region guys

Laughing

Ditto !!! Absolutely brilliant day.

That would be Susie - think she made the mistake of changing up to second for more speed on her second run!

I’d just like to add my thanks as well for a great day, brilliantly organised at an excellent venue. Parking on the banked circuit was a bonus Smile

Was good to meet up with friends and meet some new ones too.

Thanks also to Pete (pjr) for bringing me the centre console down from Northampton.

Will post some pictures up later when I finished uploading them to our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/MX5FUN/

Looking forward to Gaydon now!

Great weekend which started with us, and numerous other attendees, getting “bumped” into another hotel in Weybridge after our original choice suffered a kitchen fire. Nice to see so many MX5s in the subsequent hotel car park.

Have attended every rally since 2010 and this was up with the very best. Great venue, loads to see and do, Concorde experience was particularly enjoyable, and MX5s around every corner. Also great to see how much the merchandise has come on. My wife’s only complaint was that there didn’t seem to be any craft stalls at this event, I thought that was a bonus ;-)))))

Thanks to all the stewards and hosts, nice also to recognise quite a few faces from previous rallies.

Whilst enjoying many aspects of our regional organisation these rallies are for us at least, the highlights of the year (though we shall miss the next one in Gaydon).

Well done folks, you should be proud of yourselves.

WOW, what a fantastic day on Sunday!

Up at 5am to try and beat the rain (failed unfortunately) but arrived at Brooklands at 8.45 just in time to get parked up in the competition area.

Get the car washed down, again, and wait for the judging team - what a great bunch of people (thanks Alan for the tips for next time)

Once the judging was complete off we went to look around, what a great place Brooklands is! Trying to explain to my son Alfie how important that banked track is was interesting!
And so many fantastic MX5’s to enjoy, I don’t think we saw two that were identical, a truly unique marque.

Like all of the previous comments, I would like to say a big Thankyou to all involved in organising the day. This was my second entry into the competitions and the changes since Sandringham we’re amazing - smoothly run, great feedback from the judges and great to see all the scores at the end.

Can’t wait for Gaydon!

We would also like to add our thanks to all the organisers, helpers, volunteers etc. for such a great day out.  You even managed to keep the rain away…truly incredible Smile.

Def reiterate all the positive feed back - it was a great day and huge thanks to everyone involved in making it a success. Well done you should be proud of yourselves. 

Kev and Liz 

Huge thanks to all that organised the event. This was the Second rally that my partner and I have attended in ‘MBY’ and it was well worth the trip, (didnt leave quite so early as my fellow clacton-ite though). Have a feeling there was more cars there than at Sandringham! Was good to see Terry Pratchett on the Saxamaphone too! Heard a couple complaining about how long it took to make a coffee but seeing as a) it was two o’clock b) no one in the queue and c) three hotdogs and coffees where served to us within minutes, I think that was a complaint for the sake of complaining.

Well done guys and Gals, heres to Gaydon!

A great day out and so well organised.  An awful lot of hard work must have gone on behind the scenes to make it happen.  All we had to do was turn up.

Thanks and well done to everyoneSmile

Our first day out with the club.

and what a day it was - many congratulations to the organisers and helpers - above and beyond the call of duty guys WELL DONE AND THANK YOU.

Never been to Brooklands before and always wanted to go so you made a dream come true.

BIG THANK YOU again - you’re worth it!!!

Well done to all the people involved with organising the Brooklands MX5 Rally, thank you.

Brooklands was my first MX5 Spring Rally, having visited Billing, Prescott & Sandringham National Rallies.

I was surprised to see so few traders at Brooklands, yes, I spent some money with MX5Parts as usual!

The trip to Surrey is the furthest south I have ventured in my MX5.  My home city is Guildford so I took

the opportunity to catch up with relations.  The roads in Guildford & surrounding areas are in an

awful state, how any MX5 survives I just do not know!  Moreover Guildford is a wealthy city.

By the way I am not refering to the pave’ (cobbled) High Street.  Of course one cannot drive up or down

it these days anyway.

Looking forward to Gaydon.

Keith

My wife and I decided to help with marshalling at Brooklands. We were pleased to see all the positive comments about the parking, as it was quite a challenging morning!

There was a carefully laid plan, it might even have been cunning, to fill the available parking areas. We were having to tuck cars into quite small areas, but everyone was very good natured about it and followed the instructions they were given, as far as I am aware.

There were problems with getting people parked on the banking, as there was quite a lot of moss on the concrete slabs and it caused a number of cars to slip and slide as they tried to position themselves far enough up the banking to leave clear space for the emergency vehicles to get through. Finally, having filled the banking we got the late-comers parked in an overflow field near to the outdoor aircraft display. As we were walking back from the overflow field, we were able to help with the car making its own break for freedom. Bricks and chunks of wood were found to wedge under the wheels of the unruly MX5 and a call put out over the tannoy to get the owner to bring his car to heel.

We decided to take ourselves off duty around 13.00, so we still had time to do some catching up with friends encountered as we wandered round the site.

So, from our modest involvement in the organisation, it is pleasing to hear that everyone had a good day out. Even the rain gods were on our side, with a downpour starting at 17.15, when most people had left.

One of the best National Events we have attended for years…

The venue was superb - so apt for a Car club.

I am sure putting on our type of show within that arena must have been difficult - were more RX7 than the Austin 7 that Brooklands are probably used to.

But I and all of the Norfolk Fives I have spoken too, can report the organisers pulled it off superbly, I managed to thank a couple of them in person on the day but I wanted to make sure they all saw this message of thanks from Norfolk.

Jamie and Claire :slight_smile:

After such a great day at Brooklands…look out Gaydon here we come!
Wouldn’t miss it for the world.
See you all there.

Just to say we had an excellent weekend & day at Brooklands :slight_smile:

On behalf of the South West Midlands members that made the trip to Brooklands for the spring rally I would like to say thank you to the organising team.  I had a great time with helping with the judging.  Here’s to the National and Gaydon.