The Fiat Spider v The Mazda ND

Roddo has asked me to organise another TEK and Curry night before Christmas, the subject was going to be tyres and tracking, if  club members (and forum members) want it perhaps we could compare and contrast a Fiat 124 Spider with a ND and put them both on the ramps etc.

We just need a someone near by with a Spider, do not worry he will put the gear box back in after having it apart!!, seriously he would show his appreciation  possibly with a  free tracking or MOT on another car.

Any interest?

Please reply to this post

Hello Burton

This sounds interesting.  Please advise on date.

The last time I visited Sheffield in December, that was back in the 70’s it snowed, 

all roads out of Sheffield were impassable, therefore I spent an extra night in the hotel.

I do have winter tyres & wheels fitted but I would prefer not to be faced with 12 inches

of snow!

Regards

Keith

The place where Roddo works is on a main road just off J34 M1. I’d be very surprised if the roads there would not be kept clear for traffic, whatever the weather.

Unlike us poor cousins 300 metres south of the South Yorkshire border…

He shares the yard with the NHS transport section, they have there own snow plow, at least the yard will be clear !

Isn’t the M1 cobbled on the Yorkshire section?

Now then, when I were a lad… 

Not seen the surface for a while, the traffic is stationery more often than not, now a days it is a big car park

Burton, yes, it’s just as bad further south on the M1.

I used to be able to do my daily 45 mile commute to work in about 50 minutes, without breaking any speed limits. Due to “improvements” on the motorway I now have to allow up to an extra hour to do that same journey.

The most annoying thing is the “blanket” speed limits applied when it’s obvious that the road ahead is clear for miles. 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. without fail, reduced speed limit signs come on for miles and miles. I’m convinced that the Highways Authority are trying to comply with the previously advertised EU directive that our motorways produce too much emissions in Brussels. They obviously don’t understand that bunching up traffic with speed cameras every mile or so is far worse than steadily flowing traffic.

Remember the monster Russian truck that Paul had, now sold, that would surely have made

an excellent snow plough.  What a machine, even more of a monster when it was started up!

None of which answers the request. Think before you post!

This is the Peaks and Pennines Area Forum Gerry, members are having a bit of friendly banter on this dull Friday afternoon

What has it got to do with you?

Please think before you post on an area forum

Once you are at work how long does it take you to get to the end of the M1?

Trying to assist - apparently not wanted.Fair enough, go it alone. As an AC, you can delete posts you don’t like.

Posts on here from members of other areas, as in any area post. No objection to them, why me? There are serious subjects and daft ones (I’d class this in that category frankly, however I won’t go into that.)

If you want to keep it private - don’t post on the forum. Bring it up at your next meet? Chatter leads to more, and few answer the first post, but add anything that comes to mind. End result - none.

Gerry,

Burton started this thread and he seemed quite happy for a bit of friendly thread drift and he joined in.
I don’t see why anyone should pop up to get shirty with folk and try to moderate it.

There you go, man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles
Of trials
With smiles
It riles them to believe
that you perceive
the web they weave
And keep on thinking free.
;-)

Burton, it takes about twenty five minutes to reach the M25 Wink

“On the Threshold of a Dream” - Moody Blues - 1969

Sorry, I just had to add that!  Another piece of off-thread banter!  Hope you don’t mind!

CB,

Indeed it is the Moody Blues! Got a vinyl copy of the album right here and actually listening to it on Youtube.

Try telling anyone under 30 that with a ‘Long Playing Record’ you had to turn it over after about 20 minutes.

The one thing I miss about vinyl is holding the sleeve and reading the cover notes while listening.

The move to CD made the print much smaller and coincided with my eyesight getting worse.

Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.

Sorry, so far off topic I’ll slap the back of my knees. Ouch!

The Fiat Spider v The Mazda ND.

Discuss

[quote=burtonm]

Roddo has asked me to organise another TEK and Curry night before Christmas, the subject was going to be tyres and tracking, if  club members (and forum members) want it perhaps we could compare and contrast a Fiat 124 Spider with a ND and put them both on the ramps etc.

We just need a someone near by with a Spider, do not worry he will put the gear box back in after having it apart!!, seriously he would show his appreciation  possibly with a  free tracking or MOT on another car.

Any interest?

Please reply to this post

Hello Burton

Is this event likely to happen in the near future, I am planning a visit to see Paul to experiment

with a new exhaust centre section on the Recaro, it would be great to combine things in one trip.

Please advise

Keith