The New Blyton Park Circuit 19th March

If you have been to Blyton before, it’s changed. New ownership and a new circuit. Over the next couple of years it will be transformed into a full motorsport venue.
Mazda on Track is lucky enough to be the first there and to prove the new circuit layout.

Limited to 42 cars on a full open pit lane day, so only 13 on track at once. We have a briefing room and service area for your gear and hot food and drinks on site.

Gaz will be there offering technical support to help set your car up and the Roddison Rocket is already booked in.
As always, if you need spare parts or even service items we can bring them with up on the day.

Come and have some fun, we have the sunshine on order.

http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/blyton-pa … -314-p.asp

Update

This day forms part of a 12 to 18 month process to transform Blyton from what it was into a quality motorsport venue. The lease is now in hands of professional management and so anyone driving on this day will be in the vanguard of developing the track. <o:p></o:p>

For anyone who has been to Blyton before or is looking at Google maps, it is not as it was, the whole site has been cleared, tyres, soil, debris and the Stock Car oval, so the runway is back to the full width. <o:p></o:p>

The route of the track is not final, but the basic layout that is currently planned will be that the hanger, which is the white building on the left, is the garage, service, pit area. The track will run up the perimeter road, across the top of the runway, down the far side perimeter track turning left at the bottom and then left again through what was the Stock Car track then up the runway, turning right just after the hanger and then back round. “Features” will be added to this and a good base reference would be Snetterton meets <st1:city w:st=“on”><st1:place w:st=“on”>Bedford</st1:place></st1:city>. <o:p></o:p>

Currently already in place is a Race Control building and briefing room, which was a custom made Twickenham ticket office, temporarily there are a couple of containers for putting stuff in under cover that you don’t want rolling around in your car and the hanger acts as an under cover service area. Hot food will be available on site and naturally there will be medical cover etc. <o:p></o:p>

The majority of the track is tarmac, there are some rough areas, but obviously the track will be routed to miss them, and is 10 times better than Finmere. Once the layout is proved then new tarmac will be going down, a local Navvy has already said he has 800 tons of tarmac he over ordered for a job up the road. Safety wise there is one piece of Armco but other than that, if you leave the back stuff the only danger is a couple of carrots. <o:p></o:p>

As an indication of what the plans are, the owner has been working two and a half years on the planning permission which is now in place. I think this is very exciting, a motorsport venue that is bucking the current trend to have more and more restrictions imposed, build eco towns on them or complain that they are not “green” and to be able to influence at an early stage how this develops is fantastic. Who knows, it could end up with “OC Corner!”<o:p></o:p>

The noise limit is 105dB and if you email me at nick.dougill@mazdaontrack.co.uk I can send you a £10 discount code. 

<o:p></o:p>

Race Control has landed

That was lucky Nick, it landed right on top of that pile of dirt!!! Big Smile

Mike

Almost like it was planned!

How do we get down ??? hope them steps arrive b4 friday.Confused

Booked today see you there

Mike

Down is the easy part

Bump … come on guys this is value for money and a chance to play a  part in the development of what could be a great track especially for you Yorkshire guys its only about an hour or so away.

Mike

i’m up for it,  just got the day booked off from work Cool

now is it 60 notes for members ?? and 89 for non memebrs as im trying to talk a couple of mates coming along as well… :slight_smile:

If you go here, it will be £60 for your mates too. Bargainouse!

http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/blyton-park—club-special—friday-19th-march-320-p.asp

Get it booked ,see you there, the more the merrier

Mike

booked mate ,

and one of my mates a defo, will be booking in tomoz Cool 

gaz  

looking good for this gaz as we are the only mk2s booked so should be a little competision between us, lolBig Smile normaly its me and Alan Robinson go head to head but I think he`s chickened out this time(just trying to wind him up and get him to show up!!!) should be a good day

Mikey

yes mikey  lol, my moneys on you mate Embarassedlol only my 2nd time out on a track day so should be good fun again…Cool

cant wait till friday Angel Devil

gaz

come on chaps there got to be a few more up for this , bargin track day out Cool and the sun should be out as well …

By the way you are never to old to go fast, dont know about the fat bit though. …I`m  63 and it aint stopped  me.

mikeSmile

Another bump, this has got to be a bargain fo £60 comon guys,  ALAN what are you doing on friday

Mike

Looking forward to this one as the last one I did was Mallory Park and I did all morning  and  3 pm sessions and I was totally nackererd. so I will pace myself this time, need  to at my age anyway, mind you when the adrenalin gets going its hard to get control innit lol

Mike

We have top notch tuition available as always

http://www.stevelewisinstructor.co.uk/