The Paul Kent appreciation society pt2 - Boot LED strip ND

Second of the appreciation topics for @Roadie
Bought the LED strip lights to fit in the boot gap on the ND.
Again an absolute doddle to fit and seriously high quality bit of kit.
The only thing I’ve added was a red reflective strip stuck on the bumper part as it didn’t really show through in daylight against the dark paint. And I covered the connecting adapter with insulating tape to secure the connection and protect it.

6 Likes

Looking good. The outer connection on the connector which is partially exposed is at chassis potential so it wouldn’t matter if it touched any of the metalwork. Wrapping it with tape won’t do any harm though. Another happy customer! Only been doing them around four months and sold over 100 so I’m happy with that.

2 Likes

Looks fab,I got one of Paul’s kits,waiting for the flashing brake light kit now x

Shh. That’s still supposed to be a secret. :roll_eyes:

Ah right I’ll say no more

1 Like

Too late. …:rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve got various parts on order from China at the moment. Hopefully a couple of new products coming from me soon.

Might be a bit of a delay from what I hear. Due to lockdown and everyone buying stuff online the freight services from China are being overwhelmed. A shortage of empty containers in China and backlogs at the UK ports. Apparently you could ship a container load for £1,600 in November. Now you will be quoted £10,000.

1 Like

Totally true. I’m in supply chain and purchase 20ft and 40ft containers from China. Like you say there’s a serious shortage of containers in China and prices are tens of thousands. They expect prices to reduce after Chinese New Year. But the UK is stacked out with empty containers but we don’t have enough workers at the ports to clear them. It’s a total joke!
Looking forward to the new products!

Has anyone doubled up the led strip?

I’m thinking of adding another as there’s room and I like the idea of it being as bright as the rear lights.

1 Like

Just add a reflective strip like I have and bobs ya uncle. Took this 10 mins ago.

1 Like

What reflectivity strip are you using? The reviews I’ve seen on Amazon mention fading on some after about 3 months.

This one mate

1 Like

Cheers. I’ll give it a go. :pray::grin:

1 Like

I’m doing both. Reflective strip on the bodywork under the lid, adding another strip that plugs into my 3rd brake light harness. Will see what happens. :wink:

I’m not normally a bling fan but it’s a great mod and it stands out without being tarty.

3 Likes

Look forward to seeing it!

2 Likes

I am not normally a fan of these LED light strips that go across the car, but as this fits in with the line on the rear lights it looks very neat - I approve!!
I will have a look again when my new ND arrives in March (getting excited now!!)

1 Like

Are you getting a soft top or RF?

2.0 Sport Tech soft top in Soul Red, with factory sports exhaust and sports suspension…

2 Likes

Then I also highly recommend Paul’s clear windbreaker that he also sells. It really opens up the rear view when looking through the rear view mirror! Excellent bit of kit and so easy to fit.

1 Like

Hi Gents,
Sorry I am new to the mazda scene. Can I ask what the ND means? I have a 1.2 18 plate RF in black, purchased in July. Also that strip looks good!
Thanks
Kevin