The Tornado Run Sunday March 4th CANCELLED

Tornado and the Severe Weather Warning.  Sunday March 4th

Lesley and I had a very enjoyable day out yesterday trialling the route for The Tornado run, three routes to Goathland were plotted, it soon became apparent that accurate timings was going to be of the essence if we were to see the engine rather than the guards van and a plume of smoke !!

a  M18 > Howden> A19> York> Castle Howard> Kirby Moorside> Pickering> Goathland.

b  M1>A1 >A19 > Sutton Bank>Helmsley> Kirby Moorside> Pickering> Goathland

c  M1>A635>A1>A59>Aldwalk Toll Bridge>Easingwold> Coxwold>Byland Abbey> Helmsley>>Pickering> Goathland.

The North Yorkshire Moors Area feature in both the Tuesday and Wednesday’s severe weather warnings so there is a good chance the run will be postponed .

However all is not lost, the engine is on the NYMR until March 11th so the following Sunday is a possibility.

The weather forecaster’s  have been wrong before, so I am going to leave the run on, and make a final decision on  Friday morning.

Keeping an eye on the weather for the best forecast, hope to catch her 

I doubt the side roads on the moors will be passable by Sunday, so the run is regretably cancelled.
If the roads are passable by next weekend (11th) a run to see The Tornado may be possible, I will send an email out and put a post on the forum.