This is my 1995 mk1 Eunos in superb condition .... But i also have a red 1990 which I am currently restoring for my wife

Continuing the discussion from New members in Norfolk:

9 Likes

Absolutely beautiful example.
Rota alloys?
How about posting a resto thread for SWMBO’s?
There is a small (but appreciative) team of Mk1 fans…and growing. :wink:
We do like to see Mk1 rot getting a good kicking.

1 Like

Great looking car.

Love to see the resto car.

Not sure what the wheels are yet , they were on the car when I bought it but they suit it really well and remind me of the old minilite wheels . The car also has a matching hardtop and came with a van load of new spare parts and the original wheels and tyres .
I’ll sort out some photos of the 1990 project car over the weekend , I only bought the red car a few weeks ago and the work is only just about to start so I’ll take some " before " pictures and see how it goes .

1 Like

I will sort out some pics of the resto car and get them posted over the weekend . Its a project that is only just beginning as I only got the car about a month or so ago and I’ve been trying to get my workshop sorted out before the work starts .

1 Like

MK 1 MX5 owners of the world unite. You have nothing to lose but your rot!
Lovely… My 97 Mk1 1.8 has what in the classic bike world we call ‘patina’ but I love its unmolested nature.
Keeping a close eye on the drivers side front wing. A bit of bubbling emerging again despite the attention a couple of years ago featuring POR15 chassis paint.

That is a lovely example of a Mk1. The wheels are most likely Rota RB.

Thank you … I think the wheels really set the car off . The previous owner had very good taste when he chose those wheels . I believe the car was only imported in 2017 and the guy who had it before me had never taken it out in the rain so it has stayed totally rust free .

The other MK1 I have has certainly got patina … The red paint has really faded badly and there is a large rust hole in the o/s rear sill section . I have just started to clean the paintwork up to see what I actually have and how much will need to be resprayed when I get the welding finished .

Mine had the usually sill problems, but I opted to have my local old school body shop repair it ‘their way’ as I had heard bad reports of new sill jobs not lasting long. They took me for a tour underneath while it was up on their lift and said they had seen much worse. So far so good after three years.

I haven’t the facilities, skill or time to properly restore mine. I’ll rebuild a classic bike engine down to the crank but I’m really bad at tinwork.

Keep us posted on progress.

Well I am a biker too and most of our holidays are touring on the bike but my background is rebuilding Land Rover’s as a hobby but with the rising cost of buying a half decent Landy I decided to try something different and I noticed that far too many MX5’s are being scrapped so it seemed like a good idea to try to save some lol

1 Like

My red MK1 is now in readers rides

Those wheels were a serious consideration for me when I was choosing wheels for my Mk1. As you say, they have the Mini-lite look.

Biker here too (old BMW’s hence the username !).

I used to have an ex met police R80/7 a few years back … Now we tour on a Goldwing 1800 but I also have a couple of Triumph Trophy’s from the late 90’s from which I plan to build one good one for future
touring .

One of mine is similar: an '82 R100/7. Amazing how well bikes and MX5’s mix !

1 Like

Very true !