This is your garage

used This is your Garage to service our mx5 which was the best thing I have done for years. All oil levels were checked, drained and refilled.

The awkward part was the oil filter which appeared to have Been put on by Guy the gorilla without having a ramp to carry this out I’d have been screwed.

soo if you are confident enough to do your own car then I would suggest using them, there are guys on hand to assist if you lose your way and the hourly rate is brilliant.

Regards

Cappo

And you know the work has been carried out

I use that same garage for most things. Trouble is, so do others! Last year I changed five sets of car brakes before the end of February. Funny how other folks’ cars go wrong and fail the MOT when the weather is freezing cold and wet. “This is MY garage” is unfortunately outside on the drive. Inside is full of stuff, including another car and three motor bikes - one of the bikes doesn’t even belong to me! One day my MX-5 will be able to fit in there, too.

Today though, I had to call out “DIY Plumbers Ltd”. I began by changing a pair of bathroom wash basin taps that needed replacing. One of the tail connectors (the supposedly better one of the two, of course) wouldn’t come undone without one heck of a struggle and then the joint wouldn’t stop leaking after the new tap was fitted. To cut a long story short, due to the need to keep turning off the mains water, I subsequently discovered a long standing, far more serious water leak in the kitchen due to a faulty main stop cock (behind the kitchen units, of course). Thankfully the stop cock in the road works perfectly well…

“DIY couriers” were then brought in and they discovered that the parts available these days aren’t the same size as when my house was built. A lot of driving around eventually found a more knowledgeable plumbing supplier who provided suitable conversion parts. DIY plumbers then discovered that some of the old pipework was unusable so the job just got even more complicated. However, all is now properly fixed

DIY probably saved a few hundred pounds, all in!