Thruxton Historic 2021: 12th & 13th June 2021

Since I gave this event another push,post lockdown#3, things have really gone well.

Having just spoken to Elaine at Historic Promotions, we are now up to 14 cars on the Saturday and 50 cars on the Sunday.

So, a big thank you to all who have booked tickets for this event :+1:

I will have the Solent Area Gazebo & Flag with me on the Sunday. However, if anyone wishes to take these items along for the Saturday, please email me on: mal.rowland@mx5oc.co.uk

We look forward to seeing you all at Thruxton.

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

I have just booked for the Sunday! I hope to you see you all there! (And maybe enlist your help in convincing my dad to buy an mx5 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Hi Mal
My package included Vehicle Pass: Car Club Display. Is the paddock pass separate? If so I too didn’t receive one.
Best wishes
Roger

Weekend ticket booked - looking forward to meeting you all.

I know it’s a bit earlier but are we planning on a meet up before hand to arrive in style all together?

@Malski21 @jason-brown
Hi Mal,
Good point that Jason has made, will we meeting up at the Tesco Extra wichester as last time?
https://www.tesco.com/store-locator/uk/?bID=3406
regards
john

Sorry to say we won’t make it along this year. Our MX5 will be having work done over that time but at least that means it should last for many more meet-ups! We really enjoyed last year so will definitely see you at the next one! Matt and Sarah

1 Like

Morning all,

To answer some of the questions that have arisen since my last post.

Roger: Yes, if you have a pass included with your tickets then you are good to go. Elaine said that as long as your Registration is on the pass, then all is well.

Spookily, our pass arrived in the post this morning. The the attached photo shows what everyone should have on the day.

Be sure to write your Registration and Mobile number clearly on the pass and put it on your dash, so it is visible to Marshall’s once on site.

Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi Mal,
Sorry to raise this question once more…will there be a meet up like last year at Tesco Winchester?

Hi John,

Its a little way off yet but getting ever closer and details will be posted very soon. Likely to be Tesco Winnall.

Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,

Here are the details for those that wish to meet up beforehand and drive to Thruxton Motorsport Centre.

The plan is to meet at Tesco Winnall, Easton Ln, Winchester SO23 7RS, from 09:15 onwards, for a prompt departure at 09:45 for the 25 min drive to Thruxton, so we hopefully will arrive in good time to be marshalled to our parking area on the grass bank (where we were last year, for those that came along then) before 10:30.

Its a great vantage point for the track, with close proximity to food and toilet facilities, so well placed :wink:

We look forward to seeing everyone there.

On another note; if anyone attending on the Saturday, wishes to take along the Area Feather Flag and Gazebo, please get in touch with me on: mal.rowland@mx5oc.co.uk

Best Regards

Mal, Serena, Diane & Terry

3 Likes

Hi Jason,

See latest post on this thread, ref the start/meet point and timings.

Regards

Mal

2 Likes

Hi Mal, Elaine & I made a last minute decision to book and we have received our tickets for Sunday. Look forward to seeing everyone, Robert

2 Likes

Hi Rob,
That is brilliant news and we look forward to seeing you both at Tesco Winnall, for the drive to Thruxton.
Kind Regards
Mal

Looking forward to meeting you all Saturday and Sunday…

We are going straight to the circuit, arriving about midday Saturday- we will look out for the flag!

1 Like

Hi Mal & Serena, Terry & Diane,
We’ll meet you at Thruxton and plan to be there before 10.30am.
Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.
Best wishes,
Colin & Sally

1 Like

We hope that everyone at Thruxton Historic today is having a great time in this stunning sunshine🌞

We are looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at Tesco Winnall and Thruxton, for another cracking day, in even more lovely sunshine​:sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

Mal & Terry

1 Like

Note to self…must take sun block tomorrow…

1 Like

Totally agree BlueBird67,
If today’s weather is anything to go by, then Factor 30 will be order of the day🌞

Thanks to Mal Rowland & terry Botto, our joint AC’s for arranging a grand day our for our region, there must have been well over 40 MX5 cars from several local regions, here is just a taste of the day…

The two lucky members who won the prizes to drive round the Thruxton Circuit they are Ron & Angela Clarke, and Elspeth Ringrose

Els (2)

1 Like