Time for a new clutch?

I don’t think it has… I’ve spent so much time with my head down there that I reckon I’d have noticed if something was wrong (said the gynaecologist… :eyes:)

Anyway, I’ve given up and its going to MX5 City tomorrow morning for them to spend some time dicking about with it, watch this space :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Could it be that you are not tightening the locknut against the adjuster screw tight enough??

Nope, it’s definitely tight and isn’t moving after I’ve adjusted it!

Nothing to offer help but I will be collecting my car from MX5city in the morning always good to bump in to fellow owners At this restricted times . I will be there for 09:00 ish

@UKPenfold I’m pretty sure I saw your car there when I went in this afternoon to query them about next steps…

Have you just had a set of 35mm lowering springs fitted? :smiley:

Ah ha yeah I have had the Eibach 30mm Sports Springs Set fitted and a full alignment and work on a sticking front calliper , would normally have done these jobs myself except the alignment… but had to go in for a new bumper and paint as I got rear ended, so thought may as well get the guys to take a couple of jobs off the list for me :sunglasses:. Not seen it lower yet hope looks ok :sunglasses:

1 Like

I thought they looked like 30mm’s but they told me it was 35mm!

Reason being is that I was asking them about fitting the exact same Eibach Springs to my car but I wanted to know whether fitting them to the standard struts/shocks would cause a problem… Apparently not! Though they did say having a full alignment done also makes a hell of a difference… I’m unsure why just lowering it would affect the alignment considering it’s a double wishbone setup, and the alignment is correct currently as I’ve already had it done.

Do let me know how you get on with it! My car is a 1.8 5 speed, I believe yours is a 2.0 sport? main difference being the wheels as I’m on the stock 16" Enkei’s… Can’t think it would make a difference though!

But yes, yours does look good, just be mindful of the speedbumps :wink:

I’m heading there at 10am if you want to head in a bit later!

I am likely to still be there due to a complication;-) . As for the need for alignment after lowering I can not comment but I did not question as I have not had this done since I have owned her . And after what was found possibly not done since factory… yes 2.0 sport hopefully have a chat tomorrow

I’ll keep an eye out for you! :blush:

I missed you this morning @UKPenfold, my alarm went off at 7.30 as usual, I woke up at 10.15 :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

Though I was speaking to one of the guys earlier, sounds like you’ve had a right mare :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

I’m still here now…

Yeah no worries , I wasn’t there for as long as I had planned . Yeah the job of alignment escalated to the front subframe needing to be removed … . The drive home made up for the troubles as the 30mm drop and alignment has changed the car in a great way :grinning:

No issues with speed bumps on the drive home .

Hope the clutch reset goes well

Glad you’re happy with it though, I’m almost definitely going to do the same thing in terms of lowering it I think.

Yep the clutch is better than its ever been, exactly how it should be, I’m really happy with it!

2 Likes

I know how you feel. I’ve been wrestling with my clutch adjustment on and off for a couple of weeks now ,my bones are to old for this I think.LOL.

1 Like

Mine was absolutely miles out… If you fancy a trip up to MX5 City, it’ll take them an hour and it’ll be perfect.

The biggest difference is how light it now is, bleeding it through with fresh fluid is a revelation!

Hi Chris yes I took mine to my local independent garage in the end , and they bled the system through with a power bleeder you’re right it does make quite an improvement .Regards Bob.