tips for next time!

I replied to your post about your car, and I was stunned more people weren’t interested in your story. I’m sure you could add something exceptional to the next event.

OK. at the risk of looking a complete twat;

what’s MRE?

MRE is Mazda,s research and engineering studio basically its Mazda,s advanced design studio for europe, the reason its in Germany is that they sell more Mazda,s there than anywhere else in Europe, its where the new MX5 was designed also the 626 323F as well as numerous concept cars.

.thanks jb

sounds interesting place

As I said you guys need any help let

Now can we put this 16/21 thing to bed now! The 15/20 (and I thought I would no longer have to write that) team and the committee can not take any more names like that! [;)]

As for traders, loads of traders were asked to attend and either turned down the offer or failed to turn up. Even Mazda had to badgered just about everyday and in the end they turned up with a trailer so big it took 6 hours to setup and a few cars one of which was the old model RX-8 !!! You would have thought they might of turned up with the cars they used for the roadshow and used them on track but no and there is not a thing the Owners Club can do to change it.

JB, it is a real shame you did not email the committee about your car as we would have used it as a display but no use crying over spilt milk as they say.

Lol

• My first idea as North West Midlands coordinator shunned…but I
    don’t think that I’m quite ready to organise the whole thing single
    handed…yet![:S] [maz] [:^)]

Drew,

Just an idea if we hold the 16/21 on Canvey Island we can all go back to your’s for a BBQ,

do you think you will get 1100 plus on your drive??

it would keep the cost down

Les,

What have I said about this “16/21” [:@]

And on top ofthat 1100 plus on Canvey may just sink us!

sounds like a plan then… [Y]

I think the lesson to be learnt from this is that every year and every rally there are comments about how things could be done better and who could have done  what, this then is equally matched by lack of those same people queueing up to help next year.

I would respectfully suggest that for forth coming rallies that anyone, “can do,” emails both the committee and the organising group, not only with suggestions, but also their own personal route to achieving this on behalf of the club.

I mean no slur on anyone but it is one thing to suggest what we would like, but a whole different ball game to make it happen on the day seamlessly.

I, out of interest, counted up the emails I have received since March about this day, which is over 1,300. This does not include replies, or mail about the car or any of the other activities. If I just assign 1 minute each to reading without any reply or action this gives me 22 hours solid reading.

As I say, if you can deliver, then say loudly and persistently that you can deliver and you will get heard, if it is just another idea, while it might be wonderful, without a delivery plan it’s just another idea to go with the hundreds of others.

Well, to add my opinion (if anybody’s interested!)…

This was my second mx5oc event (i went to the beulieau LE day). I thought it was a great day. I’m not one for organised routine events and felt it was a nice, relaxed affair. I was happy to walk round looking at the cars, spend a bit of money here and there and then sit and eat an ice cream whilst watching the track action. I took my wife with me and she is not really interested in mx5’s and she was enjoyed the day.

I enjoy spotting fellow owners on the way there and back almost as much as the event itself.

Well done all concerned.

Thank You.[:D]