Track day treat

I break my track day virginity tomorrow at Snetterton 

Should I splash the cash on super unleaded in the hope that I gain a bit of performance or save it for a bacon butty?

Spend the cash on some track tuition… that will give you the best performance improvement, and will put an even bigger smile on you face than a butty!

Good luck on buying trackday tuition for £4.

Save the £4 towards some oil.

I’m rather hoping someone will ride shotgun with me that’s been before cos I’ve no idea what the racing line is.

my dig out my L plates just to warn others…

You’ll be shown the correct line during the sighting laps, so pay close attention to the lead car…you’ll also be shown the same thing during your briefing…

As mentioned above, book a session with an instructor. They will show you the lines and give all sorts of other helpful advice.

I also recommend to browse a few vids on youtube tonight- that will at least help to get the circuit layout fixed in your mind. Then you won’t need to spend the morning learning the track Smile

This is my own work, so I won’t pretend that the lines are ideal but you get the idea: Clicky clicky

Forgot to say the most important thing- enjoy yourself

I know the track ie, which bend goes which way cos ie I’ve been round it on my bike and as a car passenger  and I’ve watched a few vids tonight 

Its an evening open pit lane session. Not sure instructors are on hand ?

Just hoping I don’t get red mist when Essex boy passes me in his stripped out corsa and I then do something daft ! 

Try to ensure that he catches you just before the twisty bits and watch in your mirror as he squirms about all over the place trying to keep up.

Then let him past on the straight bit, and remember that driving fast in a straight line is nowhere near as much fun as bit of oversteer in the corners

Tuition was free !   Big thanks to Peter.  Another bonus of being in such a friendly club 

Really glad it worked out for you…

So, now I have to ask… are you booked for Blyton???

Go on!!!

Not yet, will sort it out this weekend

thanks for the great vids on youtube .have been viewing them to learn the track (first ever track day!)having booked the saturday novice session. I notice the the track has more than one layout(eastern circuit…)which circuit do I need to learn or is the novice session eastern circuit the the same as the opl session.hope this makes sense has I dont want to learn the wrong circuit.

Seriously, you will be absolutely fine, you don’t need to be watching video’s, it is a very transparent circuit. Don’t stress.

I’m booked - all day Sunday - novice sessions in the morning - open pit lane in the afternoon

Just got some maintenance work to do on brakes …

I understand that Sat is the outer circuit and Sun is the east circuit.

Four months later and I’ve been to Snetterton half a dozen times, Cadwell twice plus Blyton and most recently Lotus - you could say I’m hooked

Poor little Molly (and my bank account) doesn’t know what hit her - since my first post on this subject I’ve installed a roll bar, upgraded the brake lines, fitted new discs and yellow stuff pads, Eibach lowered springs and a go pro camera.

I’ve also made some great friends, got lots of (mainly good) advice and destroyed a set of tyres

Loving my five…