Track days and Roll Bar

So did my first track day in the MX5 yesterday at Bedford, what a great experience and a wonderful car to learn your track craft in- I counted around 8 MX5 out of a field of about 30 cars!.

Having fitted RX8 Arb’s and Meister Coilover’s next step is a roll bar and brakes upgrade.

As the car will be mainly a daily with say 6 to 8 track days a year, thinking not a full roll cage but one of those types that I sits behind the head rests.

What do people recommend?

The most common roll bar is the TR Lane. Several variations. Fits well and gives reasonable seat movement with acceptable head room up to approx. 6ft 2".

How about this for perfect timing, the latest from GC Fabrications

https://www.facebook…=gcfabrications

GCFabrications are also very good

Hi just fitted a TR Lane roll bar to my NA. very please with the overall look (fitted to the car) and quality of the bar. Took the best bit of a day to fit.

The Latest (check their Facebook page) from Mk3 bar from GC Fabrications

https://www.facebook.com/GcFabrications/photos/bc.AboKLa0NXBJmzS6Q3DwJf427ltu0uUzhVuYWDazta_K8t4xWLNSiK0lwEB6mRfs0Pz4NH6fxiNCWgk4VGq92sV_5eywi5Mt5QbeChgilv31pf0qXFiuX6d7UZY6Wbt3iqvr9aMPiIpZLALjZOJ9RuzY4/1132860970077476/?type=1&opaqueCursor=Abo8hrx5TOyqKPhd4VmQkHsCTM7aPBj0bQm9wf90bcue0S-rmAEx95aWTEXCkPH7lc0fiEKgYqoW8tZnYfXcG5I3AqKm1OHVBC_8YGhYUal4ZZKvYOQDSomryff_CPrfH85xro0T4iI5DwnJYvoDeXNWcCM59YHhPIY_aLjdopJsBKQTx0G6Gk2yrp9WMgWZAl_cmgcTc1UwiJUzUVMktSxeZ4pBIGZ7YHBiJpZWh-l0NNXni6wkorGmkXJdSO2Ccw5uhE1RbbnLkAbuwgQ_BGoBYM1nG_kjZ0N2sUKQ1ZIAEM7h17ewRsce3XPszoSfeqoDfDxnUgie4Xy8Ysd7kk5r&theater

I use a hard dog extreme bar, very good and well made, however they are expensive to get imported from the states. If you can pick up a second hand one it could be a good option, they do appear 2nd hand occasionally.

If you go to lane’s they do a fitting service.

Fitted a GCF bar a few weeks ago, good quality and soft top folds in beautifully. Recommended. J

Hi, I Fitted a GCF bar myself two weekends ago, very nice quality and soft top folds down perfectly. Took me best part of 2 days to fit it. I’ll attach photo if I can. Jon