track days

I’m thinking about doing the novice track day in June  my mark 1 doesn’t have any kind of safety bar on it at the moment. Do i need to get a cage or will those safety u bars be ok? 

Hi, I’m booked for both mornings novice session.  I can’t give you a definitive answer, but I do know that there’s been nothing stipulated in any of the online information or advice that I’ve seen.  A full-face crash helmet IS de rigeur - but I haven’t seen any advice about roll-over protection.  I’ll have a hard top fitted on my track day car, so I suppose that will give me some sort of protection for a few seconds should the worst happen, so I shan’t be worrying about a roll bar for Bruntingthorpe.  

From what I know of the circuit and the event (professional tuition, straight timed laps with no racing or dicing, and a wide track with big run-off areas) the risk of a big ‘moment’ is minimal - but I await comments from experienced track-dayers with interest. 

Steve

You only need a rollcage if running slicks. Many standard cars on track at the club track weekend over the last few years

There is no bible of track day rules. Each TDO can set it’s own in combination with it’s insurer. 

Since the club is running this, it should be able to set it’s own rules.