Trevor Taylor exhausts

I am looking for a subtle upgrade for a 2.0 2016 ND soft top. I don’t want loud or anything that will drone on a run, just a bit louder than standard, I think it sounds nice from the factory just a bit quiet.
Have found what look like good quality subtle looking systems for sale by Trevor Taylor, they look stock unless you roll around under the car so perfect. I’m a little worried how loud they are because on a MGTF they sound like raw thunder. Has anyone any experience of them??

I’m not much help regarding Trevor Taylor, but there are other systems if you decide to look at an alternative, like the Cobalt back box by Moss Europe, a good looking and popular choice with many owners including myself. a nice sporty sound but not roaring loud, but the outlet pipes are a tad larger than the standard pipe, but look better for it, although that’s just my personal opinion,
I’m sure you will get other suggestions as well.

Boz

Hi Mrbarry I am also looking for something similar for a 2018 RF 2.0 sport. I have also been looking at the Cobalt but seem to be out of stock at the moment so looked at the Trevor Taylor MK5D looks good and a reasonable price but cant find any reviews anywhere.

Yes I have looked at those Bosley, but as obrienp7 says they are out of stock all over the web. They get great reviews for ‘sensible upgrades’.

The TT exhausts looks lovely quality in the pictures. And Trevor has been messaging me on eBay. Sounds a decent fella. They are silly loud on the MGTF but they apparently have no centre box or cat unlike the 5, and he says they haven’t been designed to be loud but the MG one was. I dunno. Worth a punt perhaps.

Does anyone do a centre section with the box removed? Perhaps that would up the anti a few Db without bursting ear drums?

That was mentioned on here recently, so yes - £75,00 for the pipe/tube if I remember

I bought a TT exhaust for my ND well pleased with it not to noisy and no drone to speak of , sounds a bit on cold start but as soon as warmed up she sounds good

Cobalt are back in stock at Moss now too. It would be good to get a Cobalt and TT side by side and compare the sound.

2 Likes