Trip to Garda

After much planning there are only 2 weeks before our trip to Italy. Having done a similar trip 2 years ago in the L200 we have planned this trip goinf in the MX. 

Early start down to Ashford for the train and across to France, a night in a lovely B&b near Arras then hit the road for 2 nights in Annecy. From there it over to Lake Garda for 8 nights before turning round for and heading to Eze in France for 3 nights, an overnighter just above Lyon the 2 nights in the champagne region and to finish off 3 nights in a beautiful chateau near Wimereaux. 

Mostly taking the Autoroute between stays and I’m sure a few local excursions round Garda and into Monaco from Eze. 

A few miles to do but looking forward to it now it’s nearly here. 

It looks like you know what you are doing.You have chosen some beautiful places to stay.I am sure you will have a wonderful time and please post some photos and this is a trip I would love to make.

Kind regards,

David

You are going to enjoy this trip, I’ve done a similar one myself

So far so good, a lovely overnight stay at Plume e coton, Ecurie near Arras then after a good nights sleep it was a long drive to Annecy to a small hotel right in the centre with private parking, Allobroges hotel. The old town is described as “little venice “ it is beautifuL A boat trip round Annecy lake and a couple of nice evening meals then on the road again to Lake Garda, le Alli del frassino, just outside Peschiera for our main stay. Looking forward to the classic car show over the weekend in Bardolino, not sure if I could get the Mx booked in ??. 

Trip so far ? Excellent 

fantastic.what a trip.have a great time.we stayed in limone  lake Garda last year.we had a hire car that was brilliant but an mx5 so good.

Drove through Limone and up to Arco yesterday as we did a complete lap of lake Garda. ???. 2 nights left here before we head off to Eze in France, just up from Monaco.

Looking back what a great trip it was. Fantastic places visited along the way, Moet & Chandon cellar tour went down well with the missus for some reason.
Nice, Cannes, Monaco, Epernay, Annecy, Bardolino, Sirmione to name but a few.
In all 3008 miles door to door and never had the roof up while on the road… maybe a little too hot and tiring at times, neverless we did it and enjoyed it.
That said, since we came back we have decided to dispose of the Mx and pick up something a little different and more practical today…
Will be off again next year, different routing different car , same enjoyment.

1 Like

Very interesting. Why the change and what car did you change to ? You had an NC ?

Yes it was a 2014 NC 20 sport tech nav. Why they change?Reduced from 2 vehicles to 1, been having to use a lumber support in the mx to ease my back, fancied something different, got good money for the MX5 and for the 2016 L200 and picked up (Yesterday) a 2018 Honda Civic type r gt in crystal black. Loving it already and more practical for what I need.