Trip to the Isle of Wight

40 members of the Wessex Area will be on the Isle of Wight next weekend to celebrate the MX5 25th Anniversary/20th Anniversary and the 10th Anniversary of the formation of the Wessex Area.

A full and varied programme has been planned for the 4 days so everyone is keeping their fingers crossed for some good top down MX5 motoring.

There’s a golden rule when visiting the Isley of Widget - to set your watch back 50 years.

It is mind one of the places endearing features and I hope everyone enjoys themselves.

Thank you for your advice.  I will let all the members who are making the trip know to set their watches.  PS. We already have our passports in the bags just in case we get stopped at the border control !

Dont forget your shots either

One question for you going to the I.O.W, has anyone gone or is anyone going over there with a lowered 5. I planned to last year but backed out when I realised I may have had trouble getting onto the ferry. I don’t know if this would be a problem, never tried.

Thanks for the advice MickAP.  As far as I know there is not a lowered MX5 making the trip.  We will check how steep the incline is when boarding the ferry and let you know just in case you decide to travel to the IOW at a later date.

PS.  Yes, we have had all the necessary “shots” against the IOW pests & diseases!

Have a great time and will see you all on Sunday. Not sure whether you have checked fuel prices as last time I was over I was glad I went with plenty of fuel in the tank.
Best wishes
Roger

In the end 46 members of Wessex and MX5 friends from Nottingham, Guernsey & Flanders made the Anniversary weekend.  A fantastic time was had by one & all. The 2 organisers certainly arranged everything perfectly which included dedicated parking area & dining areas at the hotel. There should be an article in STHT in a couple of months.

We did not have to show our passports and in answer to MickAP there was no problem in getting on & off the Ferry for any of the 26 MX5s.

NB. It was the 15th Anniversary of the formation of the Wessex Area and not the 10th - sorry Allan!