Trying to trace history of a car

Hi 

I have been contacted by a chap who is trying to trace the history of his car, I have put his request below, if you have any info please reply and I will pass this on to him, I have also put a link to our facebook page where there are some pics of the car.

Basically, I am trying to trace the history of H880 ATO which I bought in the spring of 2018. It was sold on behalf of a family in the Nottingham area by a garage near Melton Mowbray. I think it’s likely the owner who had succumbed to an illness was a club member at some stage, although probably not since 2014 when the car seems to have been laid up.

It’s a 1990 Eunos imported in 1997 and has been modified with a Greddy turbocharger system and bonnet vents and extra grille to aid cooling. The latter is the same size as when I bought it, but the grille’s mesh has been changed and looks quite different now. The car is nicely presented (better now than when I bought it) and is considered by some to possibly have been prepared for the Japanese show car scene. I assume the mods. were all carried out in Japan as they do not seem typical of UK mods.. Also, from stickers on the car they may have been done by Japanese based Cusco Racing

It would be helpful if any of your members recognise the car from the photos and could fill in any gaps about its history.

Link

Thanks in advance 
John

Edit the thread title to show the reg number. Might just jog a memory somewhere.

Check with Steve at 5Speed. He may have looked after it.

Likely the Greddy was a UK fit. A while back, Greddys were a cheap turbo kit for the MX5, and there were a number of UK dealers. Japanese installs tend to look messy. Doesn’t really have the look of a show car. I never saw this car attend any of the meets in Melton Mowbray.