Two mk1's in Scottish Borders today

Spotted both of these today on the A7 outside Galashiels. This afternoon, black mk1, hard top, looked really clean heading towards Gala. Tonight (5 mins ago) mint green mk1, hard top lowered, looked mint (excuse the pun!) Anyone on here?

2 Likes

Not I.
Youd’ah heard me first…as you know. :worried:

1 Like

Who is going to admit being out on the roads without a permit !

Quite… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Without a permit Nick? I know there’s a letter people need to get from their employer if they are classed as essential workers and have to drive to work, but from what I read you can drive to shop for essential shopping, doctors/hospital appointments etc? Unless I’ve got it wrong?

Collecting MX5 parts is essential. !! Allen

3 Likes

My remark was tongue in cheek but I think the police would be suspicious that a Mk 1, like my GT6, was more likely to be driving for pleasure than for an essential purpose. :grinning:

1 Like

Hehehe, they think its for pleasure as we all smile when driving our 5’s. It’s an uncontrolable reflex with these cars! :grinning:

Agreed! Even a wee trip up to Tesco’s counts as an excuse as far as I’m concerned :rofl: Maybe instead of speed guns, the cops are going about with smile guns! :grin:

2 Likes

hahaha, “smile sir, you’re on camera!” :blush: Oh, you’re already smiling, must be driving an mx5 then!

1 Like

Aye, too broad a smile and you get a ticket :rofl:

1 Like