Tyre Date?

1. My model of MX-5 is: NA
  2. I’m based near: London
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: is this the manufactured date?

Week 37 (September) 2001

2 Likes

Yep, and I would put them straight in the bin if they are anywhere near a car!
20 years old.

1 Like

Thank you gents, thought if was the date. They honestly look amazing. Oh well…will investigate which tyres to put on.

Great picture by the way.

1 Like

I changed mine earlier this year, they were too old to have those markings!

Not forgetting tyres can waste away from inside the carcass.
I’m ditching our 2002 Sport Kumhos soon that still have legal but are nearly 8 years old.
Cracks in between the treads.
Not bothered since I can get 215 x 16" ToyoTr1s from Demon Tweaks for £55.00 per.
SWMBO droves Ms Daisy anyhow so they will be fine.

18/9 years old?

Nearly 8 I think.

Dare I ask which tyres you fitted?

Need to think about my next set.

Have a look at Demon Tweaks.
They will only deliver, not fit.
Good deals on Toyo right now.

Apologies I read 2002 as the year and not the type. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I bought Good Year Efficient Grip all round. The car is just for normal road use, I know others on here get more exotic with their tyres.

Thanks @Philip986pies not meaning to drag this thread too much further as original post has been answered. Mine will be dry use only with one track day a year. Looked at @Scottishfiver (Demon Tweaks) and Vredestein Sportrac 5 look like a good value tyre. Don’t mind paying more, any thoughts?

Go for them then.
SWMBO’s 02 Sport rarely sees daylight. Dry use only anyhow so it matters not to me bar getting decent stuff budget priced. Still say the Toyos are hunkydory round black things though. Great value just now.
TBH, so long as you stick to a good brand and don’t fit Hooflung-Dungers from deepest Mongolia @£22.00 a corner…fitted…I don’t think it matters as much as we think it does.

Tyres ordered…thank you all for your comments. :+1: