Tyres - Tyres - Tyres

The Bridgestone Potenzas are pants like Overdrive said, sketchy in the damp, noisy, wear quick and very poor value (I’ve had the S001 on the MX-5 2.0 and RE050A on a DS3 160hp).

Michelin PS4 is without doubt the best tyre I’ve ever used on anything it’s quiet, grippy, wears reasonably and responsive; the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy5 was not as nice although still very good - the price difference between them reflected this.

The Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3 K127 was not made in the size I wanted, and Hankook’s other performance tyres were no cheaper than stuff I already knew and trusted - if the GYF1Assy5 is not much more, I would just get that.

I’m currently running Falken FK510 but they’re wider than anything I had previously on the ND so harder to compare, they amazed me with grip when new in the summer but could be down to the width increase from 205 to 215? Now it’s become cold and damp and they’ve worn a bit you can see why they’re cheaper than Michelin or Goodyear, particularly without heat in the tyres it’s much easier to wheel spin or slide.

Kumho PS71 (replaced the KU39) gets recommended a lot as a mid-market tyre but I have no experience of them, I was put off by a reported batch of “egg shaped” ones!

2 Likes