VIN Decoding

Good Afternoon,
Interesting Read on VR provenance!
Wondering if you could provide me with provenance on my MX5?
Its an MX5i S NB1 Mk2 in Twighlight Blue first registered on 4th May 1999 in Wolverhampton I believe as its reg is OOG.
Vin number is JMZNB18P200124795.
When built, and how it got from Japan to the UK interests me?
Many Thanks.
Nic

1 Like

JMZ means UK model. All MX5s were shipped from Japan in a big ship; whether you will get the name of the ship is another matter.

As it is a UK market car, Mazda UK should be able to provide you with available information/

Hey, I know this is an old thread now, but I’ve a combination B and wondered if anyone could still tell me whereabouts in the run it lands? VIN is: NA8C-403996

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

334th VR-Limited and 139th Combination B.

1 Like

Would massively appreciate if you could let me know what production number my combination B is. NA8C-402740

You already have the production number, its the VIN. VRs were never numbered, but yours was the 61st Comb B one built, in between al the other Mica Green cars being made.

Thanks so much !

Hi @ast , I’d love to know what number ours is too. The VIN is NA8C-402725. Thanks a lot.

46th Combination B, 119th VR Limited

Hello. I could use your help
Ive also got a vr limitid ive just purchased. Reading though your text i realised that mines a 1995 too. The VIN is NA8C401738 which is earlier than the one youve shown. Do you know anything about it. Its now in uk under my ownership but ive got the import photos with it having different to stock wheels and a mazda speed type 1 bumper. Its a type a

Hi - Happy Easter and hope you’re well. I’m not sure if this threat is still going and whether you’re able to check
On VR-Limiteds?

Mine is a B and my chassis number is; NA8C-402032

My paper work says it was registered 1st Jan ‘96 but I’m not sure how accurate that is

Thanks
J

Built February 11th 1999, shipped 23rd February 1999.

Thanks Robbie,
That completes the story for me. Its 25 years Old and a keeper.
Regards & Happy Easter
Nic

These are build dates, not registration date, so a January 1996 date is entirely plausible.

1 Like

That’s brilliant, thank you! Do you know what number combi B it is from your data, at all? I wonder it there’s any other data that can be squeezed out of Mazda!

VR Limiteds were never numbered.