Wanted.mk2 Irritating exhuast that pops, bangs, farts etc

Looking for an exhuast… MK2 2001… the noisier the better.
It will refrain me from drilling holes in mine.
West midlands :blush:

You just need to lose the resonator on the centre pipe, then a small back box fitted

1 Like

I am unsure how to do this… cost… what to do if im honest.
I have zero clue. :pensive:

Look for a custom exhaust place like THESE They will take the resonator out and could make a box as loud as you want it

1 Like

Hi.
I got an exhaust fitted by MrTyre who are Powerflow agents. I asked them to leave the small resonator box out of the system.
It’s noisy but it drones badly at cruising speeds. Worth thinking about perhaps?
On the topic of farts and bangs, is that more of a turbo thing rather than a normally aspirated thing?:thinking:
Without an aftermarket ECU how easy is it to tune in those noises?

Hope someone with more knowledge chimes in to help you out. Good luck :+1:

Cheers,
Guy

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll look into it for sure :blush::blush:

1 Like

I’ve always starred at scoobys… Old pugs… and anything with a loud popping exhuast.
I’m a biker… I work with bike fixing them… so loud exhuasts are my thing…
I build race bikes.
So I’ve got my loud bike… now I need a loud car.

1 Like

Try these guys … Custom chrome of Nuneaton … Link they’re a father and son team will make you anything, every exhaust is individually made for you. They made me a short stainless side pipe for my kit car, which sounds tremendous… and looks great too !

I actually wanted it as quiet as possible as the exit point is on the drivers side. They offered to fit another box at any time in the future if I wasn’t happy FOC, can’t say fairer than that :+1:

There’s probably an off the shelf product for the NB but others on the forum would be able to recommend that.

3 Likes

+1 for Custom Chrome.
Had one of their zorsts on a previous Mk1; wonderful sound through the whole rev-range, brilliant above 5krpm, no droning at cruising-speeds, and lovely burble dropping through the gears.

2 Likes

Racing Beat! Back box on its own sounds great. I’ve also added a Racing Beat sport cat and manifold too. Love the sound, very addictive! I can share a video which captures it quite well if you like👍

3 Likes

That’s awesome thank you… can I have a ball park.figure ??

Back box was about £300. Took about 30 miles to sound its best👍

1 Like

Ah awesome. Im just compiling a lost of things I’d like doing with a ball park figure for each…

This is my project… and ill make it my own :blush:

Brilliant! It’s great to work through the list, gets better and better. So addictive though😂

1 Like

Don’t… ive spent far too much in my bike… more than the bike is worth ! This is why I’m poor

1 Like

Ha! Snap with my MX5🤪

1 Like

Yeah the mx5 is off road atm until I can afford to tax it :sweat_smile:

Ahh that really sucks, sorry to hear that. Not sure if this forum has the option for DM but if it does please message me👍

@Ambasize mine was £350, for custom side pipe to manifold… :+1:

2 Likes

Ah thats not too bad. Shall put 400 on my list… justincase…