West London Area, Brighton Run 17th January 2010 - POSTPONED

**** URGENT UPDATE 10TH JANUARY ****

Hi everyone

Well, I’m afraid the weather forecast for the next week and beyond does not look very encouraging, so sadly I’m taking the decision now to postpone this event to a later date. Cry

I’ll contact Mazda Chick and Eric (ET) to arrange a suitable new date for all the areas taking part (probably in March) and will post up details on the forum.

Bob

**** UPDATE ENDS ****

Hi everyone

Here’s your chance to escape the sales and the January blues, get together with like-minded people and, with luck, enjoy a drive down to the coast in crisp winter sunshine.  <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

We will meet at Ockham Common Visitors Centre, Boldermere Car Park, <st1:street w:st=“on”><st1:address w:st=“on”>Old Lane</st1:address></st1:street>, Cobham, <st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:city w:st=“on”>Surrey</st1:city>, <st1:postalcode w:st=“on”>KT11 1ND</st1:postalcode></st1:place>.  This is on the A3 just south of Junction 10 of the M25 (you have to approach it from the slip road off the roundabout of the A3/M25 junction). Get there from 09:00 with the aim of leaving at 10:00.<o:p></o:p>

In the car park is ‘Ockham Bites’ who can turn out a mean bacon or sausage buttie.  If you want breakfast, then arrive early as it takes time for the one person on duty to cook to order.  Clean toilets are also available.<o:p></o:p>

Please let me know if you will be coming along so that I can pre-warn the snack bar how many they need to cater for.  <o:p></o:p>

From here we’ll be driving down to <st1:place w:st=“on”>Brighton</st1:place> for a spot of fish & chips by the sea.  Wrap up well!<o:p></o:p>

Last year, Sarah from South East area booked a huge area for us in the fish & chip restaurant on the Pier, so we’ll need an idea of numbers interested in that too.<o:p></o:p>

If the turnout is anything like last year’s (over 40 cars from Ockham, plus 30 or so from the South East area who met us at Brighton), then we will need to split up the convoy into several groups, so I’ll be looking for volunteer ‘convoy group leaders’.  <o:p></o:p>

Full, detailed route instructions will be made available in advance from the forum downloads section, or in hard copy on the day.  If anyone has a walkie-talkie to bring long with them then that will help in the convoy.<o:p></o:p>

Please note that there is pay & display parking in <st1:place w:st=“on”>Brighton</st1:place> – so bring along plenty of coins to pay for your ticket.  

Bob

I’ll be the first to post…!! Big Smile

We’ll be there Bob, it’s always a great run…Thumbs up

We’ll be there too, Bob… and up for fish and chipsClapping hands in the air

We will be there Bob and in an MX5 this year DancingParty

I’m def up for this one!

I will be there again Bob, and happy to lead a group if needed. (still have the tomtom route from last year!)

Count us in Bob…it’s always a great run this with an excellent turnout{#emotions_dlg.cool}

Bren and I will be there as usual Bob and hopefully bringing a few members from North Thames.  I will keep you posted re numbers

Cheers folks for your early replies and offers of help Big Smile

Bob

I may well be there too, Bob.

Anna and I hope to be there also

Peter

I’ll be there, I enjoyed it last year. I’ll probably tag along with the North Thames lot.

We should be there, enjoyed last year.

Add Sue and I to the list please Bob. Hope the weather is as good as last year, top down all the way Big Smile

If Sam is allowed to come for a sausage, I would love to do the run so please count me in Terry

Can’t make this after all I’m afraid, working this weekend now

Hi Bob,

I hope to be there for the drive and the fish & chips :slight_smile:

Hi All

Can you count us in too for the run and the fish and chips!

Paul & Jenny

Yes please Bob, always a good run.

Richard & Cathie