West London Area - Rescheduled Brighton Run - 7 March 2010

Hello everyone

Here’s your chance to participate in the Brighton Run, which was postponed in January due to bad weather, and get together with like-minded people and, with luck, enjoy a drive down to the coast in crisp winter sunshine. 

We will meet at Ockham Common Visitors Centre, Boldermere Car Park, Old Lane, Cobham, Surrey, KT11 1ND.  This is on the A3 just south of Junction 10 of the M25 (you have to approach it from the slip road off the roundabout of the A3/M25 junction). Get there from 09:00 with the aim of leaving at 10:00.

In the car park is ‘Ockham Bites’ who can turn out a mean bacon or sausage buttie.  If you want breakfast, then arrive early as it takes time for the one person on duty to cook to order.  Clean toilets are also available.

Please let me know if you will be coming along so that I can pre-warn the snack bar how many they need to cater for. 

From here we’ll be driving down to Brighton for a spot of fish & chips by the sea.  Wrap up well!

Last year, Sarah from South East area booked a huge area for us in the fish & chip restaurant on the Pier, so we’ll need an idea of numbers interested in that too.

If the turnout is anything like last year’s (over 40 cars from Ockham, plus 30 or so from the South East area who met us at Brighton), then we will need to split up the convoy into several groups, so I’ll be looking for volunteer ‘convoy group leaders’.  

Full, detailed route instructions will be made available in advance from the forum downloads section, or in hard copy on the day.  If anyone has a walkie-talkie to bring long with them then that will help in the convoy.

Please note that there is pay & display parking in Brighton – so bring along plenty of coins to pay for your ticket.

Bob (Sparklyberkeleybob)

Karren & Mark (fish & chips)

Richard & Catherine + 2 guests

Gary & Sarah (MX5pmp)

Peter & Anna (fish & chips)

CC & Matthew

Tez (fish & chips + sausage for Sam)

Tolksee

Paul & Jenny

Sue & Tony (fish & chips)

Ian & Jane (Risingsun) (fish & chips)

Win +1 (En4cer) (going to the Chinese!)

Goonz+1 (fish & chips)

Michael (Edcase))

Nickbutler+1 - going straight there

Suzybee (fish & chips)

Rob (RedorDead)

Duane & Donna (Harco) (fish & chips)

Richard + 1 (Downsy)

Mark & Lou (friends of Downsy)

Antifoul

Chris & Maggie Firth (fish & chips)

Salvatore

Tom & Dad (Ratattack)

JazzyB &OH(?) (fish & chips)

Peter (LaBelleNoir)

Helen & Chris (fish & chips)

Garath

Dave & Nat (Nursingdave) (fish & chips)

Michael & Samir (fish & chips)

Paul +1 (Arizonasun) (fish & chips)

Karen (fish & chips)

Martin (Little Red Devil)

N London - 17 cars (fish & chips) North Thames list here…  http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/13045.aspx

We’ll be up for this one (again!) and for fish and chips too

Karren & Mark

Calendar is clear at the moment, so pencilled in— will the snow have cleared by then  ???

Richard & Cathie

…and the ice and the floods etc etc…  Let’s hope so {#emotions_dlg.bigsmile}

Bob

Yep, I’ll still be there Big Smile

Anna and Me expect to come along

Peter

Yes, we’ll be there too…

CC and Matthew

Hello please the boss Sam and I in will be their Tez Big Smile

I should be along.

Will there be a Tomtom ITN file?

From experience of other runs to the coast etc, it may be a good idea to split groups by preferred drivng style, ie Fast, Regular, or Sightseeing… That way no-one gets frustrated at either having to wait for others to catch up, or at having to drive faster than they feel comfortable with.

The North Thames contingent will be there as usual.  Should hopefully be a bit warmer than January.Smile

We had 14 cars scheduled for January so may be a few more if the weather looks good.

I know that Harco produced a TomTom file last year, so hopefully the answer to that is ‘Yes’!

We’ll definitely be splitting into groups - your idea for splitting by preferred driving style sounds sensible.  Let’s see what others think.

Helen - can you start a list of those coming along on the initial post, so we can keep track of numbers?

Bob

Hi Sam and myself would like a sightseeing trip but I am happy to do what most vmembers want.

Tez and SammyyyBig SmileDogDog

We’ll join you at Ockham for the run to Brighton and looking forward to it !

Paul & Jenny Thumbs up

Bob.

Two guests coming with us, to meet/start from Ockham also.                   Richard

Helen, you can find the North Thames list here http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/13045.aspx
13 so far and I will keep it up to date… Mx5pmp in your list is the same as Gary and Sarah in mine.

Hi Claire Can you add Sue and I to the list please, and for fish and chips. Thanks 

Please put Anna and Me down for fish and chips also

Thanks

Peter

Here you go folks get the tomtom itn file here

Hi Helen

Please add us to the list… we’ll be there !