West London Area, Valentines Drive 14th February 2010 - Now FULL

THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL - SORRY! <o:p></o:p>

Hello folks

Back by popular demand after last year’s big turnout.  This is another joint event with several of the surrounding areas.  Will anyone bring roses again this year?<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

We’ll meet in Chartwell National Trust Car Park (<st1:address w:st=“on”><st1:street w:st=“on”>Mapleton Road</st1:street>, <st1:city w:st=“on”>Westerham</st1:city> <st1:country-region w:st=“on”>Kent</st1:country-region></st1:address>) from 11:00 for a 11:30 departure.  At the car park there are toilets and a restaurant (which I believe opens at 11:00) where you can get a hot drink before we set off.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

This will be a 90 mile round trip country drive with a pub lunch along the way.  The Pub is the Green Man on <st1:address w:st=“on”><st1:street w:st=“on”>Lewes Road</st1:street>, <st1:city w:st=“on”>Ringmer</st1:city>, <st1:postalcode w:st=“on”>BN8 5NA</st1:postalcode></st1:address>.  It does a carvery lunch, while drinks can be brought at the bar as required.  Please let me know if you will be coming along so that I can book the pub for lunch.

The list so far…

sparklyberkeleybob (1 for lunch)

Risingsun (2 for lunch)

Goonz (2 for lunch)

PeterW (2 for lunch)

eric (et) (2 for lunch)

Cheeky_Benito (1 for lunch)

amx5b (2 for lunch)

trish (2 for lunch)

Tony & Carol Powers (2 for lunch)

Salvatore & Sylvia (2 for lunch)

Julian & Karen (2 for lunch)

Jayne & Ben (2 for lunch)

Plus a further 20 cars (47 for lunch) with MazdaChick from South East area (think I’ve removed the overlap with a few of the above) and another 22 for lunch with eric (et) from North Thames.  

That’s a total of around 90 for lunch Shock - and I’m currently checking whether the pub can cope with this considerable increase on the 70 or so from last year.

THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL - SORRY! <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Detailed route instructions will be provided and if anyone has a walkie-talkie to bring long with them then that will help in the convoy.

Cheers

Bob

Blimey Bob…talk about giving us plenty of notice…Wink

You can count on us to be there…

Will anyone bring roses again ?

You…hopefully {#emotions_dlg.rose}{#emotions_dlg.rose}

Anna and I hope to be there also

Peter

Bren and I will be there as usual with a contingent from North Thames.  Looking forward to it.

Sounds good - does attendance guarantee a date?  {#emotions_dlg.lips}

errr, sadly not Sad

I originally started holding events on or around Valentines Day as an escape for those who aren’t ‘loved-up’. Wink

Bob

We’ll be there providing there’s no snow!{#emotions_dlg.smile}

Fantastic news my new MX5 2.0 sport tech is arrvicing on Monday 25th January so I will be able to join in :slight_smile:
Trish

I bet you can’t wait Trish!  Not long to go.

Are you coming to the next monthly meet on the 1st Feb?  We can all do a bit of tyre kicking on it! {#emotions_dlg.smile}

I’m going to start a list on my initial post, so we know who’s coming.

Will need to know how many are in each car for booking lunch at the pub.  The manager at the Green Man in Ringmer is looking forward to our 3rd visit!

Bob

that’s two for lunch as we can’t fit anyone in the boot!{#emotions_dlg.wink}

Hi Bob

Please can you make it 2 places for me. Thanks

Add Sue and I to the list please Bob and two for lunch. thanks

Yes please Bob. Four for lunch we will be bring a blue Mk 2 ( with Mark & Lou ) to keep our Berkeley company !!!

Richard

Hi Bob.  North Thames have crept up to 12 cars now, so 24 for lunch.

You can keep an eye on the list here http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/13044.aspx

Could you please add x2 for lunch as well Bob, looking forward to my 1st event

Hi Bob,

Ben and I would love to come, this will be our first mx5 run, and cant think of a better day to start Big Smile, so that will be two of us for lunch.

Thanks

Jayne and Ben

Hi Bob

We are on Sarahs list for South East.

Is it same route as last year?  How many of us will get lost again in the blackhole of Lewis on the return route …!!

Sandra & Andy