What a difference a Brace makes

Sound enticing. Might just check all the bolts I need to remove for fitting them; don’t feel like spending as much on having a mechanic getting the bolts loose as what the braces cost.

tbh the 3 underside rear braces can be fitted in less than 30 mins if you get the car up in the air!

as for bolts, the rear most brace (bar brace) has 2 the next along (looks a bit like a manta wing) has 6 and the cross brace has 4

1 Like

The Mk1 rear cabin “brace” is’nt really.
It’s more a lip service addition to increased side impact legislation.
As for the MK1 OEM chassis braces, I did run around for a bit without them, and do believe I detected a wee bit of shimmy over rough surfaces. As for my aftermarket under bonnet turret brace…no idea but I suspect the only Mk1 worth bothering with is a triangular that bolts to the bulkhead. Not convinced a Mk1 front chassis section is weak enough to be big issue in normal use. Tracky opinions may differ.
As for our Mk2.5, I’ve had the OEM turret brace off, and detected zero degradation. Looks sexy I guess. But then that shell is said to be around 25% stiffer over a Mk1 I read…somewhere here.