What do people collect?

Cars for me… at the moment 2 MX5’s, a Morris Minor, a Toyota Corolla, a Ford Fiesta, an Alfa Romeo Guiletta and an Autotrail Mo Ho! Favourite? Probably the 5’s and the Morris…

Cheers!

Russ

In a spare five minutes before lunch today, I had a quick look on eBay, and was amazed to discover that they are still making lava lamps. Perhaps the craze could catch on again - maybe save people having to take psychedelic substances !
:sunglasses:

Aye, and quite cheap too. One of my small lamps was a £15 ebay jobbie.

It’s a shame the really big ones are no longer made anymore, they flow the best imo.

I’m still hunting for the coffee table attachment.

That’s impressive.

:anguished:

Haynes Manuals, Classic Mini Models (Toys) and same for Caterham 7s.
I have been banned from collecting any more by my CEO. There are exceptions if something interesting and cheap comes up so not all bad. My Haynes are on display in the garage along with a selection of my better models. In the house I have been allocated a bookcase in the spare bedroom for my very best models and memorabilia which now includes some MX5 items. The rest are in boxes and stored away out of sight. I occasionally open the boxes and reminisce.
Long may this sad existence continue and I thoroughly recommend more of you to join us!!!
:heart:

3 Likes

Was partial to a bit of Penguin Cafe back in the day, together with Mezzoforte they were appreciated by the cows in the field next to the cottage I was living in at the time. The cows would be attracted and repelled by different types of music, I recall they weren’t massive fans of Rainbow… :rainbow:

1 Like

It’s really surprising what you find out about people and things on the forum. Another person who knew about the “Penguin Cafe”, frankly I’m amazed!!! :astonished: Also about cows!!! I’ve found that cows have quite good taste in music, :face_with_monocle: and somewhere they used to play relaxing music to them whilst they were being milked and the yield went up! :+1: Play Wagner and they’d stampede, they couldn’t get away fast enough!!! :crazy_face:

SWMBO lived on a dairy farm during her college days and the farmer (Cyril) was in the local church choir, he used to sing to his cows who apparently loved it.

1 Like